What TV shows are you currently watching

Commissario
I'm currently watching season 2 of Happy! which is continuing the fun insanity of season 1 but taken in new and even stranger directions.

There are several complete "wait, did that just happen?" moments every episode, including some awesome fights.

Caporegime
Started watching Lucifer but the main character put me off so I don't think I'll bother with it anymore. I find it really hard to get into something which runs for a long period of time but I'll keep looking/take suggestions from anyone on here. :)

I like sci-fi, horror,... pretty much most genres, really.

Started watching Lucifer but the main character put me off so I don't think I'll bother with it anymore. I find it really hard to get into something which runs for a long period of time but I'll keep looking/take suggestions from anyone on here. :)

Try Chernobyl and Doom Patrol.

Soldato

Dramas I've really enjoyed watching in the past year or so (not necessarily recent ones, just stuff I've seen recently):
Peaky Blinders
Mad Men
The 100
Stranger Things

And some great comedies:
Atlanta
Barry
GLOW
Fleabag
Bojack Horseman

Associate
Really enjoyed season 1 of 3% but only managed half or less of season 2. Not having the 'process' elements was a big part of why I didn't enjoy it. I was reading the Netflix episode descriptions of Season 3 though and it seemed like it might get back into that side of things. Does it get better?

Funny you ask, I only finished Season 2. And I'd say it was a good show. Yes Season 1 was best, for the very reason you state with the Process.
Definitely stick with it, the last 4 episodes where very good, when they started expanding on the off shores founding members.
Looking forward to watching Season 3. Hopefully it'll be the Season yet.

Soldato
Just finished Line of Duty, very enjoyable throughout, look forward to next series.

I know that there has been a few people saying it goes too far and most series end with a shootout but still I enjoyed it.

You can watch every series between Netflix and iPlayer if you're quick.

Killing Eve next I think.

Soldato
1 episode left of The Haunting of Hill House, and it is fantastic.

Better than any horror film released in the past decade, well acted, interesting, good writing, creepy and not relying purely on jump scares.

Bit of a head**** that the younger version of the dad is Elliot from ET!

Requote as I watched the first episode last night based on your recommendation and it's excellent. There is a sense of dread throughout the entire episode and it made me feel very uncomfortable, hope the rest of the series is as good. Only counted two jump scares in the first episode so that's an instant thumbs up :D

I've also woke up with it on my mind immediately whereas most other horror is generally forgettable so that shows how good it is.

Caporegime
Requote as I watched the first episode last night based on your recommendation and it's excellent. There is a sense of dread throughout the entire episode and it made me feel very uncomfortable, hope the rest of the series is as good. Only counted two jump scares in the first episode so that's an instant thumbs up :D

I've also woke up with it on my mind immediately whereas most other horror is generally forgettable so that shows how good it is.

:D

There are only a few jumps peppered throughout, but there is one that everyone agrees is so badass it gets a pass, everyone craps their pants with it.

Soldato

It's very well made and relies heavily on atmosphere rather than jump scares, although those are well executed. :cool:

Soldato
I've enjoyed it too, but do you not find that the writing has become a bit samey and boring?

Yeah, i just finished (season 5?) and it's certainly lost its edge.

Anyone watched Chambers on Netflix? We watched a few and lost interest a bit but watched another 2 last night as my wife wanted to finish it and i'm looking forward to watching the rest now.

Feels really different.

Soldato
I've enjoyed it too, but do you not find that the writing has become a bit samey and boring?

I've not seen the latest season but yeah you're right, it is the same format rinse and repeat but I really enjoy the characters and their interactions. I also get a kick out of all the tech jokes and references that are littered throughout.

Back
Top Bottom