Best place to get Polarised Prescription Sunglasses

Soldato
My wife bought some glasses from Mister Spex. They were great as you could trial frames at home before making a decision, whilst being very well priced.

Around a year ago she bought a pair of non prescription Polarised Prada sunglasses which she loved. However her eyes have deteriorated slightly and now she wears glasses so they're not suitable for her (i've stolen them :D)

It's her birthday next week and i'd like to buy her some new ones as she currently has a very cheap feeling Specsavers pair.

The issue i'm having however is finding websites which offer both prescription and polarised. Mister Spex has them in 2 separate categories. If i choose prescription it seems very few are polarised. If i chose Polarised then most won't let me select prescription lenses. It's frustrating!

Anyone have any other useful websites which offer a trial at home system? (I know you have to pay upfront :))

Soldato
I buy my glasses from glasses direct normally, they offer sunglasses with polarised lenses and numerous other things.

Costs about £70 more for polarised/uv reflective, prescription lenses.

Caporegime
Slightly off topic but I have a pair of ray ban sunglasses that are polarised but I’d like to get them in my prescription form.

Anywhere that will do them?? My Google fu skills are a bit low at the moment.

I think the ray bans I have are now discontinued so not sure if any place will do me the lenses in a polarised prescription set.

Man of Honour
RX sport. The Oakley polarised prizm sunglasses are insane. I prefer them to my normal prescription glasses. Expect to pay ££££ though.

Really quick service. I’ll vouch big for Rxsport I was really impressed.

Soldato
Marv, what are you doing in GD? I have bought from Glasses direct beore and can refer you on this deal

They do prescription, polaroid sets with scratch-free. Give them a look and let me know.

Man of Honour
RX sport. The Oakley polarised prizm sunglasses are insane. I prefer them to my normal prescription glasses. Expect to pay ££££ though.

Really quick service. I’ll vouch big for Rxsport I was really impressed.

Yup. I went with black iridium polarised Oakley Tincans in carbon. Lovely things.

Commissario
RXSport. That's really annoying, you can't start adding your prescription to get a price until you register.

/edit - And then when I register, nothing in their range of sunglasses is available in my prescription.

Associate
This thread reminded me I need some decent old man shades.

Just ordered a pair of Ray-Ban RB3445 with the polarised blue gradient lenses from RX. I wish I could drop £500 or £600 on some maui's, but i just couldn't do it. :(

mjt

mjt

Soldato
My local opticians is an authorised Ray-Ban retailer so I just bought a pair of prescription Justins directly from the factory through him. Means I get Ray-Ban Polarised lenses, but whether they are worth the significant cost increase over ZEISS lenses or whatever SpecSavers makes is another matter.

FWIW the frames were around £120 and then it was another £300 for prescription Polarised Mirror lenses :eek:

Soldato
Slightly off topic, how do you guys find the polarised lenses? My last pair off prescription sunglasses are and I was never convinced. I felt that it didn't help much over normal sunglasses but added some trippy effects to windows and LCD screens etc.

I need new lenses now as I have a new prescription.

Soldato
OP
My local opticians is an authorised Ray-Ban retailer so I just bought a pair of prescription Justins directly from the factory through him. Means I get Ray-Ban Polarised lenses, but whether they are worth the significant cost increase over ZEISS lenses or whatever SpecSavers makes is another matter.

FWIW the frames were around £120 and then it was another £300 for prescription Polarised Mirror lenses :eek:

Yes, was looking at the Ray Bans site compared to Mister Spex.

Mister Spex own brand Polarised Lenses (inc frame) - £160 (Was £200 but there was a 20% off discount)

Ray Bans Website - £350

Admittedly the RB website allowed a lot of customisation for colour/frame design but that was a huge price difference. As you say not sure how much/if at all the lenses are better. Is nice to have the logo on the lens but not for £200!

Slightly off topic, how do you guys find the polarised lenses? My last pair off prescription sunglasses are and I was never convinced. I felt that it didn't help much over normal sunglasses but added some trippy effects to windows and LCD screens etc.

I need new lenses now as I have a new prescription.

I'd never go back to non polarised lenses anymore. The difference for me between my 2 pairs of sunglasses are huge and i find i always end up wearing the polarised version.

Associate

this, i saw no difference, i got those Transitions Drivewear lenses as i'm always driving for my job and found i just wasted my money on them they were no different to normal sunglasses apart from seeing peoples rear car windows with a boxy looking effect on them, i was still blinded by the sun

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Mine arrived today. Worth £390? Highly doubt it, but the lenses are really nice and it's quite nice having the Ray Ban P logo on there over some generic lenses.

ncC8Ov5.jpg

Man of Honour
Mine arrived today. Worth £390? Highly doubt it, but the lenses are really nice and it's quite nice having the Ray Ban P logo on there over some generic lenses.

ncC8Ov5.jpg
Nah man, can’t put a price on looking super cool and being able to see at the same time.

I see you went for the pervy ‘can’t see where I’m looking’ ones - niiiiice.

Back
Top Bottom