• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Caporegime
I can also tell from the image edges that the sharpness was applied before the output scaler not afterwards, so most of the advantages of sharpening are lost due to the bilinear or bicubic filter used by the fixed-function output scaler. This is literally identical to what Nvidia offers in their drivers for nearly 2 years now. Anyone with Pascal or Turing can do the same

Soldato
Download both at 4K.

A is much sharper and B is very blurry and soft, like the screen is smeared in Vaseline. Odd because I thought the whole purpose of AMD's sharpening was to make images sharp yet it doesn't seem to work.

Sure you don't have these the wrong way round?

Do you know this isn't using AMD RIS? lol, He using Reshare in trying to show a result that might simulate RIS.

Soldato
Fair enough, but all the information we have so far indicates AMD's RIS is identical to reshade.

Nothing does, just users on forums putting 1+1 together because reshade as a sharpening feature.

Like I said time and time again we all best leaving this alone until its released and tested. Only then can we say if its good or not and is it just a simple sharpening or is they actually more going on.

Caporegime
Nothing does, just users on forums putting 1+1 together because reshade as a sharpening feature.

Like I said time and time again we all best leaving this alone until its released and tested. Only then can we say if its good or not and is it just a simple sharpening or is they actually more going on.

Agreed.

Soldato
If you bothered following the news you would see that the rumours point to the new Super cards coming in at the same price point but with more performance, and the older models discounted.

It is very possible there will be a 2070ti that is similar price and 20% faster, or you could get a 2080 for the same price as a 5700xt etc.

AMD will have to reduce prices, but either way it is worth waiting to see.

By news do you mean rumors from Wttftech and Videocardz? Also not sure why the snarky tone xD

If you think these will be decently priced, I believe you're gonna be disappointed. I would love a decent card and price from Nvidia, but reality is, the Super GPU's are coming with super price to match.

Caporegime
By news do you mean rumors from Wttftech and Videocardz? Also not sure why the snarky tone xD

If you think these will be decently priced, I believe you're gonna be disappointed. I would love a decent card and price from Nvidia, but reality is, the Super GPU's are coming with super price to match.

Meh they're saturating the market while AMD releases two GPU's against Nvidia's 7 (8 if they're evil enough to make the TI redundant).

It's kinda like with toothpaste, there's at least 6-8 versions of it at different price points, are you going to buy the single version in the corner or the dozens of boxes laden out from Colgate?

GAC

GAC

Soldato
i just hope they drop the price a tad soon after launch as you can get multiple rtx2070's for under £450 and the lowest one at £430.

Soldato
Eh it was a duplicate post!

I know this launch is a difficult time for you Panos but resorting to the Troll remarks so soon is beneath you.

Why should I have difficult time for Navi launch? What do you smoke?

So as I said, 1 Korean posted this crap image, without reference where he got it from, no reference to AMD slides (who uploads them) and yet you take it as gospel and real?
And clearly can be seen is fake due to the different labels rendering.

Soldato
i just hope they drop the price a tad soon after launch as you can get multiple rtx2070's for under £450 and the lowest one at £430.
We do not know the UK pricing tbh. We have the US prices only.

A visit on the Nvidia store, which links prices from US retailers, the cheapest 2070 is $479 (3 cards), 2 at $490, and the significant majority (25) at $500+, and more than half are over $550.
Also there are quite a few (7) at $600+.

In US then the 5700XT is a bargain card, hence even Jay2Cents came out and said buy 5700XT given performance and price, after waiting the reviews, if you do not want Ray Tracing with the 2070.
Similarly cheapest 2080 is $700, with only a handful of cards bellow $750, out of dozens of cards.

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
we may not KNOW them but we have a good idea where they will end up, depending where the 5700xt comes out post reviews as far as performance and depending if nvidia knock something off the 2070 i can see the 5700xt being that bit too much. also dont forget we aint seen hide nor hair of partner boards yet (if they exist) and if they do they wont be cheaper than the stock one.

just feel amd could have knocked 20-30 notes off for the base price make it that much more competitive as a buy.

Associate
NVIDIA are likely to squeeze higher prices, even if some existing SKUs come down in price a little.

AMD are taking the lion's share of the cloud market, and larger chunks of ML / AI market. They're also losing some of the automotive market that they previously dominated to in house efforts (also rumours Samsung are about to enter there).

Those are their high margin markets, and they're getting squeezed.

Then there's Intel's launch next year - which will worry them far more in the commercial space than consumer.

Highly likely NVIDIA then squeeze the consumer market for higher margins.

Associate
I think its priced high in anticipation for the Super cards. Once those release, and the regular 2070/2060 get price drops AMD will have to undercut them with the 5700/XT. Might aswell get max margins for the first couple months when only hardcore AMD fans will buy it at these prices.

If this happens a month after launch I can see a lot of unhappy people seeing as they will have paid an extra £100 for nothing.

Soldato
I think its priced high in anticipation for the Super cards. Once those release, and the regular 2070/2060 get price drops AMD will have to undercut them with the 5700/XT. Might aswell get max margins for the first couple months when only hardcore AMD fans will buy it at these prices.

If this happens a month after launch I can see a lot of unhappy people seeing as they will have paid an extra £100 for nothing.

When it was announced I wrote those Vega 64s at £329 look like bargains.

Soldato

Buying GPU's on launch is never a good idea. Look at the 2080ti...

Back
Top Bottom