The Matrix : 20th Anniversary (4K Restoration)

Associate
This an absolute classic, saw the trailer to it at Vue yesterday. I never got the opportunity to go the big screen to see this when it originally came out (being too young). Also now being in 4k. It makes it even more worthwhile for those Matrix Fans.

I'm sure i'm not the only one on here so, Anyone else thinking of going to see it?

Comes out on around July to local cinemas.

Soldato
Definitely be into showcase to watch this on their reclining seats with a bunch of others there specifically for the movie so being respectfully quiet and enjoying the movie.

Most recently have seen Alien, Ringu and Saving Private Ryan and have been some of the most enjoyable cinema experiences of recent years.

The benefit of these showings is most people have seen the movies and are there because they love the films and aren't just killing time and being a general nuisance to other cinema goers.

They're also showing Jaws next month.

Man of Honour
I always kind of felt that the overemphasis on effects and slow mo has aged badly - possibly more so in 4K? Otherwise a brilliant, timeless film.

Man of Honour
This film always reminds me of my first proper LAN event. It was Insomnia 99 (when they used to name them after the year rather than sequentially). I think it might have been their second year. It was a small venue. Everyone had large CRT monitors and huge towers. There were constant power outages as we tripped the breakers and people just ordered their food from the local pizza place. The poor pizza delivery guys were running back and forth constantly. This was in the very early days of watercooling and a few people had actual car heater matrixes or small household radiator bolted to the side of their case.

But everywhere I looked were people watching pirated copies of Matrix.

Soldato
When the commercial was shown in my cinema it looked complete wrong, the colours were all washed out with a green splodge in one corner. Looked horrible.

I just bought the 4k trilogy set on UHD and watch it at home, i have a pretty big screen so no need to go to the cinema

Back
Top Bottom