Planet Zoo from Frontier Developments

Soldato
Looks pretty awesome - I just hope they put more time into the management part of the simulation than they did with a Planet Coaster.

Looks beautiful though :D

Soldato
OP
Looks pretty awesome - I just hope they put more time into the management part of the simulation than they did with a Planet Coaster.

Yeah the sandbox part of Planet Coaster was truly amazing but the management strategy side was utter garbage, I haven't played Jurassic World yet so I don't know how Frontier have come along with management side of things but hopefully they can do better than PCoaster, certainly looks lovely though

Caporegime
God I’m buzzing for this. As soon as PC came out I was hoping for a zoo expansion, but this is a whole standalone game, even better.

Integration with PC would be pretty epic but I would imagine that won’t happen unfortunately.

Associate
Yeah the sandbox part of Planet Coaster was truly amazing but the management strategy side was utter garbage, I haven't played Jurassic World yet so I don't know how Frontier have come along with management side of things but hopefully they can do better than PCoaster, certainly looks lovely though

Sadly the management side of Jurassic World was worse than Planet Coaster. Hoping they really improve in that area with this as I used to love Zoo Tycoon.

Soldato
OP
Sadly the management side of Jurassic World was worse than Planet Coaster. Hoping they really improve in that area with this as I used to love Zoo Tycoon.

Eugh, it's a shame for all the sandbox and modding capability Planet Coaster has, that they never gave us the tools to mod/improve the management side of things :(

Caporegime
I’m quite lucky in that the management side has never bothered me. I’m all about sandbox and just building the best park I can.

One thing I would like, if it can be done, is the ability to create custom indoor exhibits like aquariums and reptile houses, rather than just large outdoor enclosures. That would be awesome.

Soldato
Planet Zoo is a tycoon game striving for perfect animal realism (PC Gamer)

Planet Zoo is a very different game from Planet Coaster, with a focus on caring for animals, ecology, and preservation over the immediate, gut-churning thrills of a theme park.

You have total freedom when it comes to designing your zoo, building habitats, decorating it, and filling it with animals. Like Planet Coaster there’s a vast Lego set of bits-and- pieces to slot together, letting you create any zoo you can imagine. Then you can choose which animals to populate it with, and even breed your own. The game also has a strong conservation message, reflecting the real-world importance of giving these creatures happy, fulfilling lives, not just exploiting them for financial gain.

Caporegime
You can preorder now. If you get the deluxe edition for £42, you get beta access, three exclusive animals, which are pigmy hippo, Thompson’s gazelle and coolest of all, Komodo Dragon. You also get wallpapers and the official soundtrack.

Associate
Really excited for this! I lived on the original Zoo Tycoon when I was younger and this reminds me so much of it! I loved Planet Coaster, so happy to see that this seems to be a mix of those two games, and I can play it in a few months time! Yay!

Soldato
I got planet coaster, I really did think Id enjoy the game, seeing as I did enjoy theme park back in the day.

Turns out, not enough time at home to really get sunk into, shame as this one looks excellent, planet coaster was a really good game, little heavy on paid DLC but still a valid effort of making a great theme park game.

Caporegime
hope its focused on management and not graphics.

Usually these types of game offer no challenge or real strategy when it comes to the business side

Soldato
hope its focused on management and not graphics.

Usually these types of game offer no challenge or real strategy when it comes to the business side

Judging by the last Frontier games I can't see this being any different. I'm not to bothered about that side so I'll be happy without the businesses sim side, of your looking for that though I reckon you will probably be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom