Best X570 Motherboards

Soldato
Decision made I think, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme please.

reading on Precision boost for Ryzen 3000- AMD stated algorithm is only limited by Socket power/power to socket, VRM - temps and limits, chips max core speed and its temp ...

dual 8 pins and 14 phases.... damn !

If you're willing to put up with his rambling, Buildzoid seems to think the Gigabyte X570-I Aorus Pro VRM will be able to handle the 16 core 3950X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m33iSRq_XJ0

However, the VRM heatsink performance is totally unknown, so it may need modding or some extra help with cooling if running an overclocked 3950X.

ekwb will be loving this ! mono blocks for boards hopefully!

It's the one I want as well, but I'll be doing a full build with a finite budget - might have to forego the mobo I want in favour of more GPU horsepower. :o

just go for the Pro, 12 x 40a IR units and 8+4 CPU power pin
should save a LOT of cash!

@tamzzy

Seems ITX webpage is active

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/X570-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf

Last edited:
Don
I was readying myself to get a monoblock, but that Aorus is so good it just doesn’t need it, so just a bog standard block in the CPU, though I may wait to see if any Zen 2 specials come out as the core layout is off centre.

Associate
I was readying myself to get a monoblock, but that Aorus is so good it just doesn’t need it, so just a bog standard block in the CPU, though I may wait to see if any Zen 2 specials come out as the core layout is off centre.
Ekwb magnitude :D hopefully they will release AM 4 version.

Soldato
OP
ekwb will be loving this ! mono blocks for boards hopefully!

That would be the clincher for me; a monoblock for my ITX system. :)

Do it ! I'm warming around to ITX.
Did have a design with pravum a long while ago for ITX to handle dual 280 loops , small and kind of like TJ07 mixed with PC011 dynamic.. but those cases to dangerous around kids

Are you talking about the sharp edges? If so, I agree. I do love my Veer, right enough, I just make my Man-Cave a kid free zone ;)

Soldato
That would be the clincher for me; a monoblock for my ITX system. :)

Are you talking about the sharp edges? If so, I agree. I do love my Veer, right enough, I just make my Man-Cave a kid free zone ;)

I had kids putting toys in my crystal parvum case lol.
Unfortunately no man cave here :(
Clear mobo/mid plate to.. show off the ITX backplate a bit ..

Soldato
itx is the way forward lol...for most people the only expansion card is the gpu...

Another supporter of ITX over here!

I do think Asus DTX is the way forward for ITX boards.
All high powered ITX GPUs are dual slots. So that second PCI space isn't being used on itx and just wasted .. I hope MSI, Gigabyte and ASRock follow . Wouldn't increase VRM space , but would make IO connections a lot neater and bump up for Sound !
Keep ITX standard for B chipsets .

Man of Honour
@orbitalwalsh mini DTX is not mainstream, bit I agree that it's probably a better format in comparison to itx due to that extra 3 cm of PCB space.
But it does mean that some cases may not be compatible with it, as mini DTX just over 2 expansion slots...by a few mm...

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh mini DTX is not mainstream, bit I agree that it's probably a better format in comparison to itx due to that extra 3 cm of PCB space.
But it does mean that some cases may not be compatible with it, as mini DTX just over 2 expansion slots...by a few mm...

true, but guessing thats spending £160+ will be adding dual slot GPUs in a case that can handle it. trying to think of any ITX cases that are only single pci slot..

heres hoping it picks up for high end ITX and low end stays the same

Associate
Mini-DTX does seem to make sense. But there are a few sandwich-style cases like the Dan-A4 that use PCIe riser cables and won't be compatible with mini-DTX.

Soldato
Mini-DTX does seem to make sense. But there are a few sandwich-style cases like the Dan-A4 that use PCIe riser cables and won't be compatible with mini-DTX.

they are also unable to house 2.5 slot GPUs which nearly all AIB 2080ti/vega flagships are ... so hopefully these will force case manufactures to step up :D

looking at dan A4 builds. might just work ... but cable would be pressed against the top of the shell from the dtx board. then again with VRMs and 12+ core cpus you'd be wanting an ITX case with more flow! Neo G Mini!!!

Associate
Definitely. Hope that motherboard manufacturers produce more high-end mini-DTX boards, that then pushes case manufacturers to accommodate them along with 2.5 slot 30cm GPUs.

I wouldn't personally get the Dan-A4 anyway. Too many clearance issues for my liking, but I know that it's been rather popular with others.

Man of Honour
@orbitalwalsh will mini-dtx fit most itx cases

Im rocking a thermaltake v21 which can take itx and matx
Not @orbitalwalsh but can answer that question :p
Mini DTX is basically mitx + ~33mm. So most cases that can take a mitx board should be able to fix a mini DTX board.
Specifically for your example (TT v21) if it can hold a standard Matx board, it will 100% take a mini DTX board.

Back
Top Bottom