Sunday is Toblerone Day aka "Happy Father's Day"

Man of Honour
Pretty sure that I’ve never had Toblerone for Father’s Day, I always get a humorous card from my younger son, and a phone call/ WhatsApp, but with monotonous regularity, I get a WhatsApp from my elder son late on the day, with the same outlandish excuse every year, “Sorry dad, I’ve only just found out that it’s Fathers Day over there, hope you had a good one.”
He’s lived in Germany for circa 30 years, and Fathers Day there is May 30th.
Back to Toblerone, I took my wife and her brother to the airport early on Thursday, they’re visiting friends in Ireland.
As she won’t be home until late on Sunday, I dropped into a large, upmarket Supermarket on the way home, to get some edible snails, and the fixings to bubble up a 3 day pot of either Jambalaya or Gumbo.
The first thing that hit me on the way in, was a humongous stack of Toblerone, labelled FATHERS DAY JUNE 16th.

Soldato
I always get my dad cigars for father's day, and his birthday, and Christmas. He wouldn't buy them for himself and I've been getting them for him for maybe the last 25 years (with my mum's help for a lot of those).

Soldato
I'm expecting the standard bottle of Grouse. I hate blended whisky. I'm a Scotsman and my palate demands (obviously not demanding enough) a nice single highland malt.

Every Christmas I end up with countless bottles of JD, Grouse, Teachers etc.. At least I have something for mixing with coke!

Associate
It's my Birthday on Fathers Day, This year it's going to be horrible the reason I have not been on here is due to the fact I have just split up and it's been a nasty split up, I'm worried where I'm going to be living I don't get to see my daughter much she is now 18. So come Fathers spending the day with her will be the best fathers day ever.

Man of Honour
Yup, here in the UK, on Sunday I fully expect to receive my 15th consecutive annual Toblerone on Father's Day.

It's not that I don't appreciate it but, I get the wife the kids get their mum perfume and flowers on Mothering Sunday but on Father's Day the wife kids always get me a Toblerone.

At least it's a big Toblerone :rolleyes:

Same here and I hate the bloody things..

Back
Top Bottom