New gaming PC

Soldato
Yeah, I've tried most materials/methods over the years - depends on case.

It's rare i buy a specific case for the purpose - but have owned be-quiet/Fractals (still have a Define) - but it's easy enough to soundproof a 'quality' case if you select said case with soundproofing in mind. Can't say it makes a massive difference when the GPU goes mental but for CPU intensive tasks it makes a big difference in blocking additional sound with a brick cooler/fan. It's another reason i avoid AIOs and also why it will be the first time i consider using 3 x 140mm front fans if the x570 fan proves a PITA - but as mentioned i shouldn't give it cause to waken from its sunken hell-hole.

Only issue is that it makes the base unit annoyingly heavy once applied. :/

If i needed the features i would get that board (great design) - but it would be wasted on me until PCIe 4 NVMe become a staple.

fine, you'll just have to settle for the Xtreme then :p

try eisbaer from alphacool ... cant hear it! though need to pull apart mine and replace 2200 rpm unit with 3600 rpm unit - since i can afford to hear mount sounds since my gpu isnt water cooled

Soldato
I was thinking of the Xtreme in my post for some reason- d'oh! - i'm looking at the Pro. But, i may end up waiting for reviews/price drops - but i may also buckle...

Are you going for it?

This is the only reason i would return to water.

Pro Wifi or ITX board. need the wifi - and cant be dealing with costs of adding a wifi card on top or using power cable sockets .

speaking of which, need to get up trade account with distributor with Gigabyte - complete forgot haha . would have said go elite but have feeling pro with its extra 4 pin CPU might be better with new Precision boost

Soldato
I made a list of the cases i like. I would like something with a pretty good airflow. I don't really care of ots silent or not. My favorite from the list is still the NZXT one
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,256.72 (includes shipping: £61.92)
@OG Susa, the NZXT is a solid option - fits your brief regarding airflow and does a semi decent job at trying to keep things relatively silent. Plus, if it floats your boat with its aesthetics it will have filled all your criteria.

I wouldn't install the SMART device (see YouTube below) - the concept is naff and i also wouldn't want the bloatware on my spangly new system. Better to set up your own curve that suits your personal day-to-day usage.

Back
Top Bottom