Advice for the garden...

Soldato
hi all
Spent a while clearing out the ivy and weeds under my confier tree:

351ehxj.jpg

Now the area is clear I am happier

This area is quite shady most of the time with very little sunshine etc

I was thinking about putting some nice plants under the tree with a membrance and stones on top but which plants are likely to stay alive in this location?

Associate
Depends on the type and quality of the soil and what tree that is. May have to dig down a bit to enrich it.
It's possible that tree roots may get in the way and impede the growth of anything you want to plant.
Depending on the above, a membrane with stones and a few containers placed dotted about may suit.

Soldato
OP
thanks guys

yes very shaded , that is a well established conifer tree up there and the roots are very strong. I may need to throw some good compost in there to help anything grow.

I was considering a membrane with stones with pots on top but also wondered if plants would look better in the soil directly with a membrane and stones instead.

what plants could possibly grow here?

Associate
soil would be dry and very acidic, so look for plants that would cope with those conditions. id go pots as well- much bigger choice then

Soldato
OP
pots over putting plants in the soil look like they are a better option

but what plants are best for shade? I googled it but all of the plants in the past I put into shade have got eaten up and are dying! I think its slugs like eating fern plants
I

Soldato
OP
thanks for the pic

what do u mean by dropping sap? they make a bit of mess underneath

I looked at a few benches but this tree is very large in size
what shall I do with the ground underneath?>

Back
Top Bottom