Ships under attack in the middle east

Caporegime
With the US itching for a war with Iran

Seriously, no.

and with their history of using false flags/lies to justify war

Really? Talk me through that, would you? Here's a few false flags that I know of:

1788: Sweden uses a false flag operation against Russia to justify the Russo-Swedish War
1939: Germany uses a false flag operation against Poland to justify the invasion of Poland
1939: Russia uses a false flag operation against Finland to justify the invasion of Finland
1979 to 1983: Israel uses a false flag operation against Lebanon in an attempt to provoke a response that can be used to justify a war against Lebanon

LOL, Craig Murray the conspiracy theorist.

Caporegime
Well that didn't last long. Owner of the Japanese boat saying the US are wrong....
The owner of the Japanese tanker attacked on Thursday said US reports have provided “false” information about what happened in the Gulf of Oman.

The ship operator said “flying objects” that may have been bullets were the cause of damage to the vessel, rather than mines used by Iranian forces, as the US has suggested.

Yutaka Katada, chief executive of the Japanese company operating the ship called Kokuka Courageous, one of two vessels attacked near the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday, said the damage could not have been caused by mines or torpedos that are shot underwater, since the damage was reportedly above the ship’s waterline.

“It seems that something flew towards them. That created the hole, is the report I’ve received,” Mr Katada said at a press conference in Tokyo on Friday.

Caporegime
why do the US have footage...how come they had something in the area at the exact moment of the incident to take video footage

of all the bits of the sea in the area they had something overhead at the exact right time???

I think you're getting this a bit confused re: what is being claimed there by the US, the footage is claimed to show Iranians removing a mine some hours after the incident... i.e. a mine that didn't go off.

Why would the US have a drone or other aircraft observing the ship(s)? Well they'd just been attacked and the crew evacuated. The US has military assets in that area as it is an important waterway, there are US allies in the region who want US military assets there to deter Iran and Iran has been making various threats about denying it to shipping etc..

Permabanned
Permabanned
This guy is a bit of a crank these days - any news story like this and he'll be in there with some claim of the opposite...

"muh false flag" etc... same garbage with the Salisbury/nerve agent incident

Well the story around Salisbury is like Swiss Cheese so I wouldn't call anyone a crank who points out how much of it makes little sense and false flags do happen.

Anyway, don't want to derail things talking about Murray. He has only pointed out what others have too: the oddness of attacking a Japanese-owned ship while the Japanese PM was in Iran.

Caporegime
Anyway, don't want to derail things talking about Murray. He has only pointed out what others have too: the oddness of attacking a Japanese-owned ship while the Japanese PM was in Iran.

He's not only pointing out the oddness, he's taking a clear stance on it - from your link:

"I really cannot begin to fathom how stupid you would have to be to believe that Iran would attack a Japanese oil tanker at the very moment that the Japanese Prime Minister was sitting down to friendly, US-disapproved talks in Tehran on economic cooperation that can help Iran survive the effects of US economic sanctions."

"
It was Iran that rescued the crews and helped bring the damaged vessels under control.

That Iran would target a Japanese ship and a friendly Russian crewed ship is a ludicrous allegation."

It also seems it was Iran that removed what looks like an unexploded mine from one of the vessels and forgot to mention anything about it...

Permabanned
Perhaps they had talks and this was Iran showing Japan what would happen if they did not agree? #magswouldwatchthatmovie

Hmm, maybe. Just seems strange as is there any history of hostility between Iran and Japan? Would have thought if Iran were to do something like this there are plenty of ships from the likes of Saudi that they could hit instead.

Can see Iran eventually lashing out due to them being backed into a corner by the US with their economic warfare, but not sure about this one at all.

Permabanned
He's not only pointing out the oddness, he's taking a clear stance on it - from your link:

"I really cannot begin to fathom how stupid you would have to be to believe that Iran would attack a Japanese oil tanker at the very moment that the Japanese Prime Minister was sitting down to friendly, US-disapproved talks in Tehran on economic cooperation that can help Iran survive the effects of US economic sanctions."

"
It was Iran that rescued the crews and helped bring the damaged vessels under control.

That Iran would target a Japanese ship and a friendly Russian crewed ship is a ludicrous allegation."

It also seems it was Iran that removed what looks like an unexploded mine from one of the vessels and forgot to mention anything about it...

Not an unreasonable position to take given how US has been gunning for Iran for years now and how Iran even with its economy being strangled has been very restrained in its reactions so far.

About the mine looks like we are getting contradictory information about it. Doodah posted the quote from the Japanese owners saying they didn't think it was caused by one.

Will see what the Iranians say about that. Early days in all of this and no proper investigation yet - the US rushing to judgment as usual though.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
surely the whole point of a limpet mine attack is you plant the mines undetected below the waterline so nobody can see them

why would you attach them in plain sight of crew members on board ship?

Back
Top Bottom