Feek's Friday Beer, gin (and whatever you happen to be drinking on a Friday night) Thread

Soldato
@Bickaxe

Be Fast mate Beer52 have some in £3.69 a can which is pretty much what I've paid whenever it's oppped up in Rehill's.

their father's day box has just been ordered too haha.

https://www.beer52.com/FD2019

£24 quid delivered for 12 beers but theres a voucher int he box too for a monthly box :)
had some great stuff thru them, has certainly picked up from when I first used them.
Was actually where I first encountered Xocoveza haha

That monthly box code is only for new customers unfortunately. It also didn't come in my box but arrived a few days later.

Overall tho 24 for the 12 beers isn't too bad although I did get 2 duplicates.

Don
@Rotty

Went to the Tesco near me and picked a few of them up (didn't have the Magic Rock one though)

The Vocation Sour is lovely. Great summer drink.

I need to try a few more of them

I ****ed up with the sour, poured it as I was getting ready to go out...…………...after cleaning my teeth :eek:

Off to Nottm Craft beer festival tomorrow :D

Got a cold Pelforth at the moment , not too shabby

Soldato
I need to try a few more of them

I ****ed up with the sour, poured it as I was getting ready to go out...…………...after cleaning my teeth :eek:

Off to Nottm Craft beer festival tomorrow :D

Got a cold Pelforth at the moment , not too shabby

Is that the one in Sneinton market? I really wanted to go but work is in the way unfortunately. You'll have to report back and let us know how it was?

Commissario
OP
Despite starting this last week (and I'm pleased to see how it's continued through the week, even though it's not been Friday), I don't drink much beer these days, I'm more a G&T person.

So it's time to rebrand the beer thread! It's now the Friday Beer and Gin Thread :D

I'm starting off this week with a Boodles. I've never had it before, I only picked it up earlier today because it was on special at Morrison's.

I like a gin that's got a lot of juniper and this doesn't disappoint. The scent is strong and the flavour really works. I can detect a hint of spice as well but no citrus which is becoming quite common in gin these days. For a relatively cheap gin, this is a good one.

My mixer of choice is always Fever Tree straightforward four star, full fat Indian Tonic. None of your slimline stuff or Schweppes tonic here!

Kmo4Wmc.jpeg

Can't type for toffee
Don
Feeks fault :p

OI9RG0H.jpg
I3QwA9h

Associate
Big fan of the American IPAs. First introduction was when visting my brother in the US and the Stone brewery in Escondido, California in approx 2005

Tonight beers all come via Sainsburys reduction shelf. I have been a big fan of Sainsburys (Hyde and Wilde) own IPA for a while for seeing it on the reduction section suggests I might be in the minority.

OqEY3Y7.jpg

4d4G9bK.jpg

7hKTfXU.jpg

Commissario
OP
A nice thing about drinking gin is that the measures are small compared to a pint so it's possible to get through quite a few different ones in an evening.

Gin Mare.

Made in Spain this does evoke the med - It's another quite junipery and herby gin with thyme and olives on the nose.

Look at me "on the nose", I'm starting to sound like a drink snob but I really can tell the herbs in the smell.

It's a very solid flavour and despite this bottle having been on my shelf for the best part of a year, I really like it. I bought it Duty Free so it was a 1l bottle for less than the price of a 70cl bottle in the UK.

It makes a really distinctive G&T. It's good.

AG0lTnN.jpeg

Associate
Don't they tend to be quite heavily hopped? I like that.

Yes all very hoppy, i like the big flavours and will always pickup a grapefruit, orange etc if I see it to give it a try
We have so much choice now its brillant

A big change from 8 cans of fosters for a fiver when i was 18

Associate
Last beer of the night is a Kumquat and chrysanthemum which sounded like it would have a lot of potential but was pretty bland and had very little taste. This was from my Beer 52 monthly box

1US7IyS.jpg

Commissario
OP
Brecon gin. I first tried this at the work Christmas party last year. They had three gins, this one, Silent Pool and Tanquery 10. Out of all three, this was the one I preferred the most and when I saw it in a supermarket a couple of weeks ago for £16, I had to buy a bottle.

It reminds me of Plymouth gin which is one of my favourites - A very flavoursome gin which makes an excellent G&T and at the discount price, it was an absolute steal.

b6U4JAC.jpeg

Associate
I really want to try some of these darker beers but as I only tend to drink on a Friday I always go with what i know I will enjoy.

I must try harder!

Back
Top Bottom