What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Booksmart 2019.

Free screening.

American buddy Highschool comedy. Pretty much every cliché, stereotype and trope ever but.....

It was a totally throw away movie but genuinely funny and I thought very well acted and directed.
Not sure it's worth a full price ticket but a 2 for 1 or whatever...

Soldato
Stan & Ollie - 9/10

A pleasant little film, old style "clean" family comedy bio-drama. Not sure how many of the events were exaggerated for the story but gave quite an insight for someone who grew up watching Laurel & Hardy in the 60's. Period settings really good, from the dingy back street theatres to everyone smoking like chimneys (given the BBC had a hand in this their PC division must have been in apoplexy). Steve Coogan stole the show as Laurel though the bird who played his (4th) wife came a close second!

Associate
Limitless
MV5BYmViZGM0MGItZTdiYi00ZDU4LWIxNDYtNTc1NWQ5Njc2N2YwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg

Caporegime
Legend.

I've seen it before and remember enjoying it, so thought it was worth another watchin'.

I can't help but think of Alan Partridge when I see Tom Hardy as Reggie 'n Ronnie. :D

Soldato
US
Not sure what to make of this one, watchable yes, rewatchable ... probably not. Decent twist at the end. But overall what a load of crap.

Soldato
Captive State - a solid 8/10...slow burn but ultimately pays off well, one of my favourites of the year so far. I do feel it would have been better suited as a Netflix mini series though.

On a side note, John Goodman seems to be losing more and more weight each movie he does.

Set in a Chicago neighborhood nearly a decade after an occupation by an extraterrestrial force, 'Captive State' explores the lives on both sides of the conflict - the collaborators and dissidents.

Soldato
Escape Room - 7/10

Combines the concept behind the Cube and Saw movies, but without much gore. Watchable if not ground breaking. Could have done without the last 5 mins or so completely exposing the organisation behind the "games" and their processes.

Soldato
Captive State - a solid 8/10...slow burn but ultimately pays off well, one of my favourites of the year so far. I do feel it would have been better suited as a Netflix mini series though.

On a side note, John Goodman seems to be losing more and more weight each movie he does.

We gave up on this one half way through. Does it get better then? We thought the plot was a bit aimless and we struggled to keep any interest in it.

Soldato
We gave up on this one half way through. Does it get better then? We thought the plot was a bit aimless and we struggled to keep any interest in it.

Yeah it pays off really well and was quite satisfied, I was a little the same at the start and was thinking "is this it?" but remembered it had strong reviews on a few sites that mirror my tastes.

Associate
Men In Black International (2019) - 3/10

A generic science fiction action movie lacking in excitement or anything really interesting.

The story is boring, the two leads have little chemistry, and the humour is mild at best.

The acting is ok and the leads do try to have some fun, but the special effects vary from quite good (the aliens) to rather poor (the green screen work).

Back
Top Bottom