*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Don't read the articles, but watch his video countering the arguments in the articles? Yeah, no.

I mean, up to you, but the articles are a tonne of crap just to get some clicks. They all badger on about race issues where a gang is called Animals and that they are them selves black. It fails to mention they are fugitives from Haiti, oh, and they failed to mention Mike Pondsmith is black. Just a shame that 'top' gaming sites have to stoop this low to try and get clicks really. Using race as an argument is disgusting in my opinion, it's a computer game, a realisation of someone/peoples imagination of a fictional world... Oh well.

Soldato
I mean, up to you, but the articles are a tonne of crap just to get some clicks. They all badger on about race issues where a gang is called Animals and that they are them selves black. It fails to mention they are fugitives from Haiti, oh, and they failed to mention Mike Pondsmith is black. Just a shame that 'top' gaming sites have to stoop this low to try and get clicks really. Using race as an argument is disgusting in my opinion, it's a computer game, a realisation of someone/peoples imagination of a fictional world... Oh well.
The point is, I'd rather make up my own mind. But not knowing what specific articles you are referencing makes that impossible, and your post pointless.

Soldato
Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
My annoyance with the articles is that is become common practice for people to find avenues to 'hate' on games for some form of another and the easiest way to do that is to pick up on sensitive subjects without any former knowledge of either the game nor it's intention. All to sell ad placements. I may be naive but I used to think Rock Paper Shotgun was a fairly decent go to website many moons ago for gaming news. But they've fallen into the same trend as many others following the above point.

On any note, does anyone know when the pre-order for the PC collectors edition goes on sale? I can only find Xbox and PS4 references on Amazon, but no PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Please can we try not to get this thread locked with pointless bickering :(

On any note, does anyone know when the pre-order for the PC collectors edition goes on sale? I can only find Xbox and PS4 references on Amazon, but no PC.

It's been on sale since Monday, but it's exclusive to Game (which isn't necessarily a bad thing since you can select pre 10.30am delivery :p)

Associate
As someone who hasn't killed anything with a pencil other then my GCSE arts results I will buy this game in honour of the guy who killed 3 in a bar.

Soldato
Worst case, I'll just get one shipped to my mates/mum's and pick it up next time I'm back on a visit.

This style of game is entirely up my alley, being that Deus Ex is one of my all time favorite games. And it being CDPR (I am biased, love the company), this is the one very rare exception I'll be making in both pre ordering and even more so, getting a collectors edition.

Associate
Apparently if you preorder through GOG, CDPR will get all the funds. Obviously this is digital only, but pretty cool way of supporting the dev I thought. Also get a 30% discount code for the merch store once preordered through them, so got myself a couple of Cyberpunk tshirts heading my way! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom