Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
So following my earlier post I have reached lvl 30 and just finished CoO, problem I have is warmind is 300+, Forsaken is 330+ and I am currently at 285

What is the best way to up my numbers now ?
Should be flashpoints, adventures and public events on the map. Would be a good start.

Associate
I'm helping a friend work through the campaign and the fastest way we have found to boost powerlevel quickly (at least until powerfuls become a thing) is to complete public events on the weekly flashpoint, bouncing around the map as soon as each event completes. On a Tuesday/Wednesday and at the weekend these are normally quite busy with other players and get finished quickly. Just make sure you understand how to make them heroic, there are guides on the web that explain the mechanics for each one.

Other than that, you can continuously run lost sectors which give a chance at higher gear from the chest at the end. The one under the church in the EDZ is very quick and easy to run and is also near a fast travel point.

Soldato
So following my earlier post I have reached lvl 30 and just finished CoO, problem I have is warmind is 300+, Forsaken is 330+ and I am currently at 285

What is the best way to up my numbers now ?

Just keep doing daily and weekly powerfuls to get your overall power level up. The campaigns will also drop powerfuls as you go through it and you can do damage up to a delta of 50 power levels. Remember that some powerful rewards are in the form of bounties at certain vendors. You will quickly hit soft cap which means general legendary rewards wont give you much of an increase unless RNG hates you and doesn't drop a specific slot.

In preparation for September I made a steam group for the clan and a google sheet for steam usernames, but just added a few URL's as reminders as well.
Hope to see some of you about, got a decent amount of players each day/week currently, raids etc, PVP on the go.

Soldato
@GAM8LE - I have just sent a join request to the clan for my wife (Jorja666).

(I am already a member)

Could you approve?

JP and I were having fun attempting to duo Zero hour. Just need to nail down the timing (should be able to squeeze out an extra minute or two at the boss room - as long as the Servitors don't spend half the time making each other immune... argh!) and tweak my Armour load out to get sniper ammo to drop.

It was really fun feeling each run get better and better (until we both got tired).

Soldato
@GAM8LE - I have just sent a join request to the clan for my wife (Jorja666).

(I am already a member)

Could you approve?

JP and I were having fun attempting to duo Zero hour. Just need to nail down the timing (should be able to squeeze out an extra minute or two at the boss room - as long as the Servitors don't spend half the time making each other immune... argh!) and tweak my Armour load out to get sniper ammo to drop.

It was really fun feeling each run get better and better (until we both got tired).

Done :)

And nice one! Zero hour was a nice surprise, love the puzzle room in it as well.

Soldato
Cheers! :)

EDIT: Yep the mission is really fun even with the time limit.

Went in effectively blind to begin with as the only video I wanted was a Esoterik Speed run where the jumping sections went by like a blur.

My only issue atm is messing up stupidly easy jumps! (I blame over 1500 hours on console with a Warlock vs Hunter on PC... :p) Well that and memorizing shield types on spawn (having the right weapons ready).

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know if you noticed but a player named lacey requested to join the clan, she used to raid with us on D1 back in the day and finally got D2 on PC, so wondering if you could approve her? Thanks

OweO can vouch for her to :)

Ah ok. Ask her to request again and send the link for discord :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Bought the base game at launch and barely played it but remember loving the gunplay...

Am am I gonna need to spend more to get the best experience if I came back to it? Seen something about moving to Steam, is that something I can do now or only in September?

Soldato
You can ignore the shield types for quite a lot of the mission by using Arbalest if you have it.

Don't have that... :p

We ended up beating it with a combination of:

Me - Primary sniper / Secondary Bow (different elements) / Whisper

JP - Primary sniper / SMG / Thunderlord

Essentially, I focused on range whilst JP took out everything at close to mid range.

My bow of choice was an Arc Arsenic Bite with Explosive head and Dragonfly. Allowed me to basically kill two vandals in two hits.

We had a momentary scare when the second Walker decided to return from the dead in a last ditch effort to screw us over.

Ended up finishing with 35 seconds to spare. Would have been over a minute had we both not died twice at the fans.

I don't know if you noticed but a player named lacey requested to join the clan, she used to raid with us on D1 back in the day and finally got D2 on PC, so wondering if you could approve her? Thanks

OweO can vouch for her to :)

Ah ok. Ask her to request again and send the link for discord :)

Yep we need Lacey in the team to balance our swearing with her, um, unique blend of polite language... (JP stoop laughing!!) :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought the base game at launch and barely played it but remember loving the gunplay...

Am am I gonna need to spend more to get the best experience if I came back to it? Seen something about moving to Steam, is that something I can do now or only in September?

September 17th is the date when they move from BNET to steam - currently there is no news on if there is a parallel run between the two platforms or not but I reckon that it will be a hard stop and migration on that date. Probably a pre load option will be available on steam, with the account migration and game activation happening on the 17th.

In regards to spending more time, I don't think that's the case anymore. There is a shed ton more activities to do in game now which continually gets expanded upon and in terms of power level catchup - they have started to introduce power surge bounties at the start of each season to get people close to the old cap. So like this season power went from 700-750, they added power surge to get returning players to 690 so they didn't have so long to grind to get stuck in with the new content.

Then for activities, you can still do a lot solo, more than before as things like gambit, menagerie, reckoning, forges all have matchmaking ( however some of the people who you get are questionable) but then there are still a lot of team specific based activities.

jpm

jpm

Associate
We had a momentary scare when the second Walker decided to return from the dead in a last ditch effort to screw us over.

That was strange lol I seen it do its dying animation when it blows up and the sound, ran back to middle to dps the boss with you and was getting shot by it, it had a slither of health left so just threw a grenade at it, that did the trick.

Good laugh doing the mission though, even when we failed it didn't **** us off lol also at least the servitors played fair by not making each other immune.

Yep we need Lacey in the team to balance our swearing with her, um, unique blend of polite language... (JP stoop laughing!!) :D

IB soon could you imagine her and Tracy on at the same time :eek: :D

Soldato
That was strange lol I seen it do its dying animation when it blows up and the sound, ran back to middle to dps the boss with you and was getting shot by it, it had a slither of health left so just threw a grenade at it, that did the trick.

Good laugh doing the mission though, even when we failed it didn't **** us off lol also at least the servitors played fair by not making each other immune.

IB soon could you imagine her and Tracy on at the same time :eek: :D

That may have had something to do with me not giving them the chance with my arc strider super.. :p

Dear god, my ears will be bleeding... :D:D:D

Associate
Wanted to get back into this game but currently only level 527, how much of a grind will it be to get to a level to play current content. I have season pass I'm not using currently. I have always stopped playing as friends stopped playing and I don't find the Solo experience much fun.

Soldato
Wanted to get back into this game but currently only level 527, how much of a grind will it be to get to a level to play current content. I have season pass I'm not using currently. I have always stopped playing as friends stopped playing and I don't find the Solo experience much fun.

There are power surge bounties that are pretty straight forward. You could get to 690 in about an hour. They put you to just below the previous seasons cap

Back
Top Bottom