Cycle RAGE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ugh, this is a first for me. I was coming home from work earlier today, when some lycra clad tit on a bike decided to kick my wing mirror clean off and hurl a load of abuse at me. And, I have no idea why. I had to give way at a round-about and he pulled up along side me and hurled a load of abuse, before deciding to damage my car. I was absolutely furious, so jumped out of the car with every intention of giving him a thrashing and he sped off. I've reported it to the police because it's all on cam, but damn. Any one else had something similar happen? I'm still livid. /rant

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Damn what an arse! If I couldn't get my hands on him myself he'd have got run the **** over and I'd currently be on the run! Unlucky man, keep your eye out for him next time and follow him home (for a location to give the police of course!).

Soldato
He will take the same route at roughly the same time every day! What a tool!
Also, upload footage :)
Echoing this. He’ll take the same route home everyday. (Or if he’s got any sense he’ll avoid it for a week or so) Confront him about the damage if you see him again.

What an absolute idiot.

Caporegime
Cyclists should all be rounded in to concentration camps and forced to build cars, it's high time they contributed something of value to society, they cretinous cockroaches that they are.

Soldato
OP
Echoing this. He’ll take the same route home everyday. (Or if he’s got any sense he’ll avoid it for a week or so) Confront him about the damage if you see him again.

What an absolute idiot.

We have a couple of cycle clubs around here, so I'm assuming he's local; the route he was following is generally one only people familiar with the area would choose. The thing that got me most, wing mirror aside, was that it could have been anyone in the car - an old couple, woman with a baby etc. I found it a bit nerve wracking, but it could have been terrifying for someone else.

Soldato
50mph slap as you go by him next time :p

If you find out where he works, trash the bike after he parks it up. Take some cutters and cut it in half lol

Man of Honour
Roads are getting too busy to share with cycles - just in the last few days in one incident I came around a corner to find 2 cars overtaking a cyclist just before a blind bend the second car nearly took out the cyclist avoiding me and another one on a dual carriageway saw a car going the other way pull out into someone about to overtake them to avoid a cyclist with the two cars making contact and the cyclist deciding to head onto the verge in precaution which resulted in them stumbling over on the rough ground.

Soldato
Now now calm down, I know we motorists own the road and for some silly reason have to share it with a cyclist...

But why don't you go back through your dashcam and see if you did anything to upset said cyclist? Maybe you just didn't realize or notice yet could've put him in massive danger. The anger I'd have after nearly getting killed on London roads daily from drivers not paying attention or driving like Muppets on purpose was ridiculous. I can see why some people would get angry. Not blaming either side but something must've caused the reaction, was it justified or not is only for you tell.

Soldato
Now now calm down, I know we motorists own the road and for some silly reason have to share it with a cyclist...

But why don't you go back through your dashcam and see if you did anything to upset said cyclist? Maybe you just didn't realize or notice yet could've put him in massive danger. The anger I'd have after nearly getting killed on London roads daily from drivers not paying attention or driving like Muppets on purpose was ridiculous. I can see why some people would get angry. Not blaming either side but something must've caused the reaction, was it justified or not is only for you tell.

No. It wasn’t justified. If he was able to ride along side and vandalise his car it wasn’t justified. At all.

Soldato
And you know what happened before? The number of times drivers nearly ended my life to save 5 seconds of their time.. I'd be seeing red too.

I understand that but there is no excuse for kicking someone’s wing mirror off. I totally understand the rage but if you can’t keep it in check then ultimately only one side is the moron surely?

Soldato
I understand that but there is no excuse for kicking someone’s wing mirror off. I totally understand the rage but if you can’t keep it in check then ultimately only one side is the moron surely?

Yes but not everyone can, that's my point, go back through the dashcam and see what happened. I am in no way saying that damaging someone's car is justified but I'd love to see what caused the anger in the first place.

Soldato
no excuse for vandalizing a car mirror (your camera must be wideangle if you caught it) ... but you have to ask yourself did I seriously cut someone up ? which your rear (?) camera may not have caught.

I was seriously cut up in the rain this week driver decided he had to get past, narrow built up road,
the guy was trying to arrive at a T juntion 150yds ahead of me, but he must have been blind, because he did not see a lorry reversing 70yds ahead,
so he continued the overtaking and cut right into the curb in front of me, me skidding in the rain.
when the lorry finished its move he pulled to the junction, and I sat behind calling him all the names under the sun
.. clocked he was a 70+ year old man ... let it go - if I'd had a camera I'd have been down police station (which is usually closed anyway)

Soldato
OP

I've done it. And the police are reviewing the footage from the security cams at the roundabout as well. The guys reaction was crazy. Even if* I'd done something "wrong", it didn't warrant his reaction.

Transmission breaker
Don
You most likely nearly killed him and didnt realise.
It's amazing how often car drivers have no idea they nearly wiped someone out.
Same applies to cyclists, runners, pedestrians, motorcyclists.
Clearly he was having a bad day and lost it. But ask yourself. Is someone likely to behave like that if they were not absolutely raging? I suspect he had a reason, and you are oblivious to it.
His reaction is not justified, but I bet it was caused by something...

Soldato
so the cyclist was not in your dashcam footage at all until he arrived next to your window ? you didn't pull out at a T junction, or anything where he could have been in yours, or the cameras blind-spot ?

duplicate - the forums broken, per thread

Soldato
so the cyclist was not in your dashcam footage at all until he arrived next to your window ? you didn't pull out at a T junction, or anything where he could have been in yours, or the cameras blind-spot ?

duplicate - the forums broken, per thread

Soldato
OP
You most likely nearly killed him and didnt realise.
It's amazing how often car drivers have no idea they nearly wiped someone out.
Same applies to cyclists, runners, pedestrians, motorcyclists.
Clearly he was having a bad day and lost it. But ask yourself. Is someone likely to behave like that if they were not absolutely raging? I suspect he had a reason, and you are oblivious to it.
His reaction is not justified, but I bet it was caused by something...

I know what you're saying, but I couldn't have possible nearly killed him. I was driving through a small village with a 20mph speed limit on a straight road. I was just following a road I've driven down thousands of times when this happened. I'm sure it was caused by something, but just as the kids at the special school I used to work in would go crazy at the slightest thing, this guy was probably on the same level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom