Women's World Cup 2019 Thread

Soldato
This is the first women's game I have watched in about 5 years. The teams are way better drilled but there is still a low level of ability. Bizarre seeing such well drilled teams playing as a unit with players who are not very good

Caporegime
A Dutch sub handed a Cameroon player some bottled water while one of her team mates was drinking near to the sidelines and the Cameroon player took it and then just threw it straight back at her. So much for women being better role models. lol

Caporegime
New Zealand player down injured in agony after having the ball kicked into her hand, she appears to have damaged her wrist wtf.

Soldato
New Zealand player down injured in agony after having the ball kicked into her hand, she appears to have damaged her wrist wtf.

Force of the ball hitting her hand square on from such a close distance really jarred her arm back. Watching it again, I'm not surprised it did some damage.

Associate
Gotta say, I'm thoroughly enjoying the competition (nice to see players trying to win the ball rather than the foul). loads of games being shown on the TV over here.
Is there much being shown in the UK? This thread seems a little quiet or is there not that much interest?

Soldato
OP
Gotta say, I'm thoroughly enjoying the competition (nice to see players trying to win the ball rather than the foul). loads of games being shown on the TV over here.
Is there much being shown in the UK? This thread seems a little quiet or is there not that much interest?

probably the latter of the two, though having the matches on red button or bbc four over bbc 1 or 2 doesn't help

Back
Top Bottom