• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
thing is that even the poverty x570 will have better vrms compared to these...
^^^This, if you're considering getting the flagship 3950x and working all cores - i would want the security of bottom tier x570 over a top tier b450 for the sake of 'possibly' ~£60 difference.

Associate
Lol @ the mock outrage already from the Intel fans... The price of x570 is because of PCIE4 and ensuring you can OC your shiney new Zen2 and Ram to max.

There is NOTHING stopping you buying x470 higher end boards (Hint Taichi X470 is £184) and getting similar performance out of Zen2 minus PCIE4 and let's be honest AMD have the only PCIE4 cards at the moment and they are overpriced and underwhelming so I pretty much think most people arent jumping in to x570 for the GPU alone.

Just buy high end previous gen if your not after Wifi6 or PCIE4 lol or even NVME raid...

Some people on these forums love their mock outrage, it's quite hilariously sad to read on an almost daily basis.

No one has said Zen2 only runs on x570, the fact B550 is going to be on ASMedia chips (aka x470) tells you all you need to know, buy a decent x470 now before their prices go up or they become EOL, in a few months after release most of those overpriced x570 boards will be dropping in price anyhow due to lackluster sales performance

I agree its no real biggy but I'd love to build a new rig with X570 assuming the board is SLI/Xfire capable. If the mobos that will allow the CPU to really
shine is >£200 then I'm concerned. I could, but really don't want to, buy an X470 for a 3900X CPU. I don't want any constraints on the CPU and worry that other than PCIE4 the mobo might be gimped in other ways (VRMs etc) that would hold back performance. I'd be happy with X470 for 3800X but anything more than the 3800X I'll wait and see but would definitely prefer X570.
I'd just like an X570 mobo without ANY RGB **** or wifi or anything other than the a couple of M2 slots and 2x PCIE 4 X16 or 1xPCIE4 x16, 1XPCIE3 X16.
I really don't want to yet again spend money on features I don't and never have used. I guess we all can dream...

Back
Top Bottom