New game: You've got £1.5k to spend on a car...

Soldato
MK2 MR2. Can be tricky finding a non rusty one but that applies to most fun cars at that price range. My N/A one was the most reliable car I’ve ever had, my turbo one wasn’t but then you’d never get one in your budget anyway.

Caporegime
MK1 TT convertible. Sure it depends on your definition of "fun", but unlike an MR2 or MX5 a £1500 TT won't be a pile of rust.

I find the "fun" of my TT (granted mine was outside of budget) is just the ability to make a nice noise, have the roof off, yet be comfortable enough for the daily grind and still sporty enough to have a bit of a spirited drive.

Soldato
Ooooooooooooooo I can already feel my left hand twitching for the handbrake!
I know they're not the most highly-regarded "hot hatch". But a friend of mine had one and I drove it a few times. It was seriously satisfying to drive hard through the twisties. Fantastic chassis and enough power to be enjoyable.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I know they're not the most highly-regarded "hot hatch". But a friend of mine had one and I drove it a few times. It was seriously satisfying to drive hard through the twisties. Fantastic chassis and enough power to be enjoyable.
Tell that to Fox! He lulwut'd (awesome!) my suggestion in the estate thread hahaha

I love the mk1 focus, one of the best drives there has been if I'm honest. Shockingly fun cars. Never driven the 170 but I can imagine.

Back
Top Bottom