**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Well after 3 years I think it's getting close to an ending. If I try to go further on institute or brotherhood quests I'll make an enemy of one of them, Nuka world done, just doing far harbour atm but once that's done there's very few side quests left to do, so I might have to actually move towards :(

Soldato
Complete opposite to me. If I can in a game I usually go through main quest fairly quickly(but still doing the odd side quest) and save everything else for after.

I'll never understand why people put off the main quest in Bethesda games... It is where most of the best quests/dungeons/characters are used, abilities unlocked etc.

Associate
I really enjoy the game, completed the story 3 times now, and I started a 4th time.
I've done it differently each time I've played so it's kept it interesting, I've found loot, buildings and enemies I hadn't previously found which keeps it interesting.

I've started far harbour and nuka world on previous saves but haven't completed them yet.

I don't really play much at the moment but when I do, I end up playing with the contraptions workshop or building bases, I've spent countless hours doing those things!

Associate
Has anyone tried running Fallout 4 after updating to Windows 10 1809 or 1903 ? on my system it crashes to the desktop just after opening the window. Rolling back to 1803 fixes the problem, I have tried updating video and audio drivers?

Windows 1809 and 1093 both break fallout 4 rolling back to 1803 fixes it every time.
Nvidia 1080ti on 430 drivers, was on 419
Asus Rog v extreme with 5820k using onboard audio and nic.

Fallout 76 works on all three versions

Soldato
Has anyone tried running Fallout 4 after updating to Windows 10 1809 or 1903 ? on my system it crashes to the desktop just after opening the window. Rolling back to 1803 fixes the problem, I have tried updating video and audio drivers?

Windows 1809 and 1093 both break fallout 4 rolling back to 1803 fixes it every time.

I know it wasn't just me, the big Windows Update last year broke my Fallout and Skyrim games, even removing the "updates" and installing the games and mods only sorta fixed it, but Fallout 4 was still broken.

I had to reinstall Windows OS to finally fix it, Windows Updates disabled.

Soldato

1809 it works fine for me on GTX1080. try updating the windows C++ distributables (Steam should have updated them recently).

Associate
Just in case someone else has this issue, thanks to the help of someone on the Bethesda forums, we have figured out that full screen mode does not work with fallout 4 on 1803 onwards, switching to borderless window works perfectly on all versions. I had always used the full screen option.

Caporegime
Enjoy!! Its a sizeable piece of DLC. Some of the best Fallout 4 DLC they have created as well. Try to do all the achievements, missions & challenges to fully explore it :)
Can it be played as a standalone game or is one expected to have completed the main game first and leveled up etc?

I've long since deleted FO4 from my PC so would be starting from scratch.

Man of Honour
Can it be played as a standalone game or is one expected to have completed the main game first and leveled up etc?

I've long since deleted FO4 from my PC so would be starting from scratch.

You don't need to have done the main quest (or any other quest), but you will need to be at least level 30 before the quest that starts it becomes available ( message will pop up about a radio signal when you hit that level). You can visit the start point before then, but there's a meat gate (party of high level Gunners) blocking the start which will be a serious problem for anyone trying at a lower level. I've not got past them before level 30 so I'm not sure if the character who gives you the quest formally is even there yet. Essentially it's a DLC for people who want to play a villain. Although there is a very short and violent good guy path through it.

Edited to correct a couple of things.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is it me or is the "Benevolent Leader" achievement ridiculously hard to get? It doesn't help that half the on-line guides are nonsense, but my main quibble is that the game itself doesn't make any attempt to explain what is driving your happiness score up or down. I get that sometimes it's the usual kidnapping/bandit raids etc, but sometimes it just seems to be sheer awkwardness. As best as I can tell, every thing that you put in to increase happiness (clinics, cats, weightlifting machines etc) just raises the cap. And it also appears that activities that raise happiness only do so while manned. Which is annoying for the other 16 hours a day. Also more than one cat seems to make no difference. I have two manned top level clinics, two ditto bars and two ditto general stores, four lots of weight training gear and three cats. I can't get over 92. If I use the console to set it at 99, it just slides back to 92. It's starting to annoy me a bit.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I have just been tinkering with some more mods just to change the atmosphere a bit

enhanced lights an fx makes a large change in atmosphere I have found and theres a reverb and audio mod that chnages the way a lot of sound behaves...outdoor gunshots sound much meatier now

also along with darker nights and pip boy lights...and some added ambient sounds night time becomes a far more interesting time

Soldato
Just in case someone else has this issue, thanks to the help of someone on the Bethesda forums, we have figured out that full screen mode does not work with fallout 4 on 1803 onwards, switching to borderless window works perfectly on all versions. I had always used the full screen option.
Is fullscreen mode going to be fixed thou ?

FTM

FTM

Soldato
fullscreen works fine for me, always has done

I am latest nvidia drivers and windows 10 is bang up to date

I was thinking of changing my reshade after using the UBER fideilty suite for a fair while now

any recomendations??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom