Kicking a Phone

Man of Honour
Thought this was good ‘GD material’... it brought out the rage in me :D

Rob Halford of Judas Priest recently punted someone’s phone out of their hand at a gig.

https://loudwire.com/judas-priest-rob-halford-comments-kick-fan-phone/

YouTube vid for those who hate reading.

I think this is awesome. Smartphones are absolutely ruining concert experiences. There is nothing worse than being behind some moron’s phone with their brightness set up. If you do that frankly you deserve everything and anything you get.

A few snaps = fine
A short video or two = fine
Your phone out for more than 5% of the show = DIE

Be a **** and get treated like a **** - fair play.

What say you, GD? Which way do you rage?

Caporegime
What a complete *****.

Imagine willfully damaging the property of, and massively inconveniencing someone, who likes you, paid money to see you perform, and is recording you to share the experience with friends and family on social media.

He should be made to apologise to the fan and pay for any repair or replacement of the phone.

... It was a good kick though

Last edited:
Caporegime
What a complete *****.

Imagine willfully damaging the property of, and massively inconveniencing someone, who likes you, paid money to see you perform, and is recording you to share the experience with friends and family on social media.

He should be made to apologise to the fan and pay for any repair or replacement of the phone.

... It was a good kick though

Nah, people recording gigs through their phones are the bane of my life. I've stood behind people filming 50%+ of the gig before, and had to move because they were so annoying.

I bet they never watch it either, crappy audio recording and far enough from the stage that it's not going to look great.

If the band are doing something brand new, or rarely played then fair enough, but don't record the whole gig.

Man of Honour
OP
Nah, people recording gigs through their phones are the bane of my life. I've stood behind people filming 50%+ of the gig before, and had to move because they were so annoying.

I bet they never watch it either, crappy audio recording and far enough from the stage that it's not going to look great.

If the band are doing something brand new, or rarely played then fair enough, but don't record the whole gig.
Once I was in a situation whereby a person was politely asked several times to put their phone away after awhile, but they didn’t, so it got grabbed and lobbed - to much applause. And I didn’t feel the slightest bit sorry for the person that was holding the phone.

Caporegime
Once I was in a situation whereby a person was politely asked several times to put their phone away after awhile, but they didn’t, so it got grabbed and lobbed - to much applause. And I didn’t feel the slightest bit sorry for the person that was holding the phone.

That's different, they had an opportunity to put it away after being asked.

Man of Honour
OP
That's different, they had an opportunity to put it away after being asked.
True, but someone holding their phone up like that is so obviously annoying to everyone including the artist that you just have to be a selfish poo-face to do it.

I agree it would be a bit harsh if he’d only just whipped his phone out.

Soldato
I really hate how often you see it these days - much better experience for everyone if we all just enjoyed the gig together.

But that is a bit out of order - and I hope they replace his phone tbh. If they had such an opinion on not bringing phones in, they should have just banned them at the door.

Soldato
Given the type of event I don’t think they’d be too bothered.

Phones should be banned imo. Same as they are when you go watch a play.

The videos are invariably shocking anyway.

Soldato
Ha, good kick.

I don't bother recording things anymore, it always looks and sounds terrible so you never watch it. Take a couple of pics and then put it away and actually take in what you are watching rather than looking through a screen.

Caporegime
TBH I'm surprised artists haven't made more of a fuss about their live concerts being recorded. Were people allowed to go in with camcorders back in the day?

Back
Top Bottom