*** Apex Legends ***

Associate
Managed to max rank the battle pass on Xbox tonight and must say I've enjoyed this game since day one. I'm not the best at it and its been a bit grindy but I must admit but it's definitely one of the best free games out there. I never got into Pubg or Fortnite but this game changed my mind about Battle Royale style games.
I've also tried Apex on PC and i do just as well using the Xbox controller as I do with mouse and keys.
Looking forward to seeing news of the new content at E3

Soldato
I couldn't imagine playing it on a console. A guy at work plays it on console and he says things like the auto shotty are unusable due to the recoil. The recoil control is apparently really hard to master on the console whereas on a pc you can make any gun into a laser once you get used to the weapons. the r301 is ridiculous once you get a blue barrel and forget even doing any kind of control once you get purple/gold it is an aimbot.

plus on pc you get more people using voice comms which is essential to play this properly as a team. especially in the new elite queues.
Yes the recoil can be quite brutal on a bog standard LMG. I've seen some PC vids of the r301 on youtube and I agree it looks like an epic weapon fully kitted.

Soldato
Someone help me out here... just came across a player with 12680 kills....

That’s not possible. Is there hacking on the Xbox then?!

In fact it’s over 90 kills a day since it came out. Totally improbable.

Last edited:
Soldato
How on earth can you play the same game, all day for 90 days straight?! Don’t they have a life? Also, people don’t get 20/30 kills regularly. A lot of it is luck whether or not someone comes up behind you, whether you can get a gun etc.

Soldato
How on earth can you play the same game, all day for 90 days straight?! Don’t they have a life? Also, people don’t get 20/30 kills regularly. A lot of it is luck whether or not someone comes up behind you, whether you can get a gun etc.

Even if you're bang average, hot drop skulltown or bunker...you're either going to get 3 or more kills, or get killed quickly, and just queue up again. If you're decent and getting 8+ kills a game, that's only 10-11 games a day. There are lots of unemployed people that put in those kind of hours....not even considering streamers that do it for a job.

Caporegime
Someone help me out here... just came across a player with 12680 kills....

That’s not possible. Is there hacking on the Xbox then?!

In fact it’s over 90 kills a day since it came out. Totally improbable.

i play with someone who gets 10+ kills regularly. he also has gotten over 2K damage in games and he got 16 kills the other day when there was still 3 squads left.

some people are just very good at the game. he can take on a squad of 3 and kill them all if they are noobs. he uses wingman and r99. i've seen him using the wingman (spectating) and he's constantly hitting head shots. it's amazing watching him play at times. i think it takes 2 shots to down someone and it holds 10 in a clip. he does miss and if he does he switches to the r99 to finish them off.

he doesn't drop skulltown but i have another guy on my friends list that drops market every game then goes skulltown straight after wiping out the other squads in market. he regularly gets 6+ kills and his games last all of 5 minutes as he's dropping hot he 9 times out of 10 doesn't survive skulltown even though he's amazing at the game because it's a numbers game and he will end up getting done over if he runs into 3 at the same time.

also you have to remember a lot of people playing this will be at uni or school. where they can literally spend 10 hours gaming per day. or up til 3am every night playing.

dropping market then going skulltown is a smart play. as most of the fighting in skulltown will be over and you can take on the 2-3 remaining teams. they will have collected most of the loot for you. just don't expect a lot of heals.

oh there is an apex legends tournament in Glasgow this friday. £15 a head entry. I might be entering a squad. I reckon we have a good chance of winning if we can control the god player from taking on too many engagements.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't think I've ever had more than 5 or 6 kills in a single game. I've been watching a few PC players on Twitch (Kraftyy/Viss/Tanner) and their Apex skills are unbelievably good. I could watch those guys all night instead of playing myself :)
They must be making some serious dollar$ aswell.

Man of Honour
Wingman and R99 is a great combo, probably the best in the game for people who like to rush. I've took out squads by myself with the Wingman but other days I can't hit a thing. :D

Caporegime
Wingman and R99 is a great combo, probably the best in the game for people who like to rush. I've took out squads by myself with the Wingman but other days I can't hit a thing. :D

wingman and prowler (selectfire enabled a must) if you have 2 x digital threats.

or r99 and r301 with all the better attachments on the r99.

i prefer to run 2 guns with the same ammo it just makes looting easier and ammo management easier.

Man of Honour
I tend to go for the Peacekeeper lately and then something such as a triple take or R301 for medium to longer engagements. My shot to hit ratio with the Peacekeeper is much better than with the Wingman.

Soldato
I'm liking the EVA-8 personally, underrated gun. Roll up on a weakened team you can wipe em without reloading. A little more forgiving than the peacekeeper.

Man of Honour
Yeah I also like the EVA 8. What I like about the Peacekeeper is if you're in a building and watching the door, the amount of people that run into my sights is bewildering. Especially with the Choke on it does a lot of damage.

Caporegime
the eva 8 is really good but the peacekeeper if you can hit your shots and you aim down sights with choke the range is stupid and the stopping power on a headshot is insane. both of them are really good with the eva 8 being more forgiving and purely for hand to hand combat range situations.

i tend to on purpose keep just outside of shotgun range when engaging. the amount of times before i've stormed in emptied my clip and they switch to a peacekeeper and 2 shot you was enough to learn my lesson.

all the guns in the game are good bar p2020 and mozambique. the alternator is just a slower firing r301. the re15 is just as good too just faster firing and less forgiving.

but the game does favour up close and pushing aggressively for fast kills because of the danger of being third and fourth partied so i tend to only hold short and mid range and completely disregard all long range weapons.

Man of Honour
I do like the new animation of the player getting rid of the Mozambique. I thought my mouse was messing about at first then my mate told me.

The Mastiff is lethal if you find one, but ADS makes a big, big difference with it. Bigger than the Peacekeeper.

Caporegime
I do like the new animation of the player getting rid of the Mozambique. I thought my mouse was messing about at first then my mate told me.

The Mastiff is lethal if you find one, but ADS makes a big, big difference with it. Bigger than the Peacekeeper.

yeah the sniper in world drops isn't good enough in comparison. nobody i play with on a regular basis touches it. slow reload, cannot re-engage quickly, bullet drop is punishing.

we came up against a team of snipers only 2 squads left so i ditched my gun and picked it up and it was a mistake. i only picked it up because they were all sniping. i hit one for 95 and when i re-engaged 2 of them hit me and dropped me.

it's very situational and the opponent needs to be standing still to be of any real use. i won't bother trying it again. it needs buffed but i don't know what they could do apart from make it handle better.

Man of Honour
Agreed, the Kraber is crap unless you get a headshot. 95 must have been a leg shot as I'm fairly sure it does about 160 to the body and it's instant kill to the head. I find a fully kitted Longbow a much better sniper rifle. You can nearly get away with double tapping with it, something you can't with the Kraber due to the bolt action. There's also been times when I range someone at 200 metres say, line up the sights on the 200 m line, fire, nothing. Try again, nothing. The bullet looks like it's hitting them, but no damage. So yeah, I avoid it now unless I have say a Peacekeeper and an R99 and the end of the round is a long range fight and I spot one.

Thing is the game is so versatile. If you're against a squad with 1 good sniper, or more, it's hard to cover ground on them when the ring is closing without Pathfinder for example. You can get pinned down pretty easily.

By the way I am not a good player, I am average with only about 20 wins in total. I am brilliant at Black Ops 4 and other FPS, normally top in the team, but I seem to suck at Apex Legends. But I have more fun with it, it's far more tense towards the end than most other FPS games. I have adjusted playstyle to weapons I find good recently rather than ones streamers use and/or say to use and I'm getting more wins now, so guess I just need to find a loadout which works best for me.

Also, I've recently started liking the Flatline, it's absolutely lethal when you learn it.

Back
Top Bottom