• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
is there any concrete reporting that there is going to be a 2080Ti super edition? So far i just see one website reporting it.

I have seen a great deal on a 2080Ti and was seriously consider taking it, but dont want to buy this and 2 weeks later a 2080Ti super gets released which is much faster at same price point?

any idea of performance numbers for this 2080Ti super.
A new chip with extra cores coming in a few weeks? Wait and see.

Associate
I don't think there will be a new 2080ti as there is no point, the current 2080ti can give the RX titan a run for its money in games, and any new 2080ti super might beat the RTX titan which if you own one of them and game only would kind of pee you off! the super 2080 and 2070 along with 2060 will offer better performance gains over AMD's navi line up
with the same price point.

Soldato
I don't think there will be a new 2080ti as there is no point, the current 2080ti can give the RX titan a run for its money in games, and any new 2080ti super might beat the RTX titan which if you own one of them and game only would kind of pee you off! the super 2080 and 2070 along with 2060 will offer better performance gains over AMD's navi line up
with the same price point.

Yeah very good point. I think Nvidia sadly have no reason to release a new 2080ti and will likely release the super 2080ti in about 6 months time (historically they don't really the tis with every other card anyway, i think last year was one a off because they had no upgrade option from the 1080ti).

I'm going to probably grab a super 2080 or 2070 dependant on how good they are for ultrawide as I'd love a cheapish ultrawide rig.

Processor wise AMD has slightly dissapointed me pricing wise but maybe I was expecting too much so i dunno what I'm gonna buy.

Man of Honour
I think a 2080 Ti Super is a good possibility with a fully enabled TU102 chip and 12gb of VRAM but it won't be cheap and could cost around £1500.

If NVidia did this they could still carry on selling normal 2080 Ti cards at £1099.

Caporegime
'Control' looks really good, and by the time 7nm RTX cards are released then well-implemented RTX games will start to show up and become viable and sought after with the extra performance! AMD are in trouble if they don't have their own RT cards coming in 18 months or so :o (or even Intel if they aren't going to implement it on ther own first descrete architecture, it'll be still-born)

Soldato
OP
Discrete GPU consumer market means little to AMD these days, they have many more sources of revenue, so yeah AMD are not in trouble even if they stopped giving consumers radeon.

Soldato
We may see sommot with the 5700, bios flash say, that gives us near xt performance, like vega 56 gets awfully close to 64 with a bit of play

Soldato
£499 for a mainstream 12/24 thread cpu is a disappointing price? I think it’s excellent!

That’s 9900k 8/16 thread money...

I guess its just having the use for the 12/24 threads. I'm not sure if I'd still rather get a 9900k for compatibility reasons (CEMU, emulators etc.)

Maybe I'm being totally thick though.

Soldato
OP
Zen runs emulators just as good as Intel. Will only get better with Zen 2. It's radeon GPUs that suck with poor openGl performance in windows, Nvidia is the choice for emulators.

Soldato
Zen runs emulators just as good as Intel. Will only get better with Zen 2. It's radeon GPUs that suck with poor openGl performance in windows, Nvidia is the choice for emulators.

Ah nice. I'll look into this when benchmarks come out. If thats the case, I could see a case for swapping. However every resource I've looked at which has measured this shows AMD are still inferior. For example there many many intel CPUs above the 2700x in the performance thread of cemu.

I hope Nvidia do release an Super RTX 2080ti and at the same price as the 2080... but I just don't see why they would. AMD are in no way shape or form anywhere close to the 2080ti (sadly).

Caporegime
Ah nice. I'll look into this when benchmarks come out. If thats the case, I could see a case for swapping. However every resource I've looked at which has measured this shows AMD are still inferior. For example there many many intel CPUs above the 2700x in the performance thread of cemu.

I hope Nvidia do release an Super RTX 2080ti and at the same price as the 2080... but I just don't see why they would. AMD are in no way shape or form anywhere close to the 2080ti (sadly).

2080ti update lower than it's predecessor, uwot. Where would the 2080ti, 2080 and 2080 super even sit then.

Back
Top Bottom