• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are prices of the 2700x expected to drop much after the new cpus launch?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

This video by AMD is a nice simple explanation of XFR and PBO for 2nd gen Ryzen:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=426hLGoXDbM

Once you start overclocking more cores, the overall reachable max clock decreases. Overclock fewer cores and you can reach higher frequencies.

Ahh that makes sense!

So is it possible to OC 4 cores to say 4.2, and then the other 4 let the boost naturally to 4.35 when they can?

I wonder what the peak performance you can actually get from the 2700x is

Associate
@Vexr he got a free lenovo p2.

I can confirm this. I didn't think to ask about how you came to be in a position to be so generous, but I'm certainly appreciative no matter what the circumstances. Personally I seem to be stuck in precariat positions so my income fluctuates enormously between utter disaster and 'doing okay, so can buy a nice thing'.

At this recent moment in time I'm extremely grateful for the P2, especially as I'm a novice at phones so would've had a hard time even being decisive regarding what to get to replace my Nokia Lumia 735 (a phone with a resale value of about £10-£15). The Lenovo P2 is much appreciated luxury by comparison, and for that you will always have my thanks :)

Associate
So is it possible to OC 4 cores to say 4.2, and then the other 4 let the boost naturally to 4.35 when they can?
Sorry, don't know about that! For my motherboard's BIOS, I've not seen the feature to overclock individual cores before. I thought Ryzen Master might have had this ability, but I just checked and couldn't see it.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Sorry, don't know about that! For my motherboard's BIOS, I've not seen the feature to overclock individual cores before. I thought Ryzen Master might have had this ability, but I just checked and couldn't see it.

Interesting!

Will definitely need to do more research into this is and see whats possible

Associate
No comment,

If you found any of my remarks offensive then i apologise.

I am under the mental health act so i am on benefits, so i can't work.

As for being crass, i often think about where my senses are regarding money to be honest.

Anyways i should not be giving away because i do think it is crass but i don't want that though yeah so i'll stick to crass.

Anyways i wasn't expecting people out there to have a problem with what i said, with my posts hoping they would be ignored or whatever.

I'm not joking that just isn't me.

As for feeling special about giving away stuff, i have this to say, money can never buy happiness, it is the least i can do by giving away my used hardware and i love the moment when the person is wowed by all of it.

Feeling special isn't a second nature with me, i always feel special if you want to put it that way 24/7 instead of it being temporary, it is like with xmas when people feel special then so yea but that is 1 day of the year.

Anyways many people have said that there should be more people like me, when i sacrifice something it gets treated as kindness which is nice and also i expect nothing from that person or whoever.

I must admit and you must be thinking that it is indeed about me, well i can't think what to say apart from this, yes i am showing off.

Those who are offended is for a reason of past regret or something you did to make you feel offended i must say, otherwise you wouldn't feel offended as well as your inner peace and the like.

p.s. it is wonderful feeling special 24/7 and i think it has to do with my mental health but i actually enjoy it.

Dan.

Don't try and justify your actions, you don't need to nor do you need to explain your personal situation.

What you have done clearly shows you're a good, kind and generous person, so you've every right to feel good for yourself.

I'm not kind like you, I'm selling mine to a work colleague for £150 lol. I am giving away my x58 setup to another mate though.

Associate
Don't try and justify your actions, you don't need to nor do you need to explain your personal situation.

What you have done clearly shows you're a good, kind and generous person, so you've every right to feel good for yourself.

I'm not kind like you, I'm selling mine to a work colleague for £150 lol. I am giving away my x58 setup to another mate though.

Thanks anyways i feel dumb and a idiot solely because i have not done my homework/research into hardware and am an idiot fully because of that and got owned by a literate person who i know full well he knows his stuff regarding the 3600mhz ram in comparison to the 3200mhz ram, i really do and people who say i am not an idiot i don't buy that, i am honest with how i feel about it regarding 8 pack ram.. which is here > https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32793231

Giving away the x58 to your friend is kind and generous and i think that it is just like me.

Anyways i can always get my money back by sending the item back simply put.

Dan.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks anyways i feel dumb and a idiot solely because i have not done my homework/research into hardware and got owned by a literate person who i know full well he knows his stuff regarding the 3600mhz ram in comparison to the 3200mhz ram, i really do and people who say i am not an idiot i don't buy that, i am honest with how i feel about it regarding 8 pack ram.. which is here > https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32793231

Giving away the x58 to your friend is kind and generous and i think that it is just like me.

Dan.

Well even if it is the same ram, who cares? If it's not going to affect you financially then no harm no foul and you can now run 32gb if you decide lol. I believe the 8pack 3200 is guaranteed to run over 4000mhz and up to 4500mhz, maybe the 3600 kit will do it at lower volts.

Well giving away the x58 made sense, it's sat in a cupboard collecting dust and still a good system plus my mate can't afford a pc with 2 kids with disabilities. He'll be up and ruining shortly, got a case and psu, I've given him x2 240gb SSDs so just a gpu and good to go.

Associate
Well even if it is the same ram, who cares? If it's not going to affect you financially then no harm no foul and you can now run 32gb if you decide lol. I believe the 8pack 3200 is guaranteed to run over 4000mhz and up to 4500mhz, maybe the 3600 kit will do it at lower volts.

Well giving away the x58 made sense, it's sat in a cupboard collecting dust and still a good system plus my mate can't afford a pc with 2 kids with disabilities. He'll be up and ruining shortly, got a case and psu, I've given him x2 240gb SSDs so just a gpu and good to go.

That is very good of you, that is exactly the same situation that i have where it sits there collecting dust and preferring not to sell the pc parts but give to people who you care and help out with.

That is exactly like me, but i give to strangers and am eager like you to help people who really needs it and or to save money and or people with budget who can't afford this and that.

Dan.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

That is very good of you, that is exactly the same situation that i have where it sits there collecting dust and preferring not to sell the pc parts but give to people who you care and help out with.

That is exactly like me, but i give to strangers and am eager like you to help people who really needs it and or to save money and or people with budget who can't afford this and that.

Dan.

What you both do really is admirable!

Me personally, can't afford to do things like this which is why in general I try to find as many bargains as I can on the internet when it comes to buying PC parts

Associate
I'm not loaded by any means or I'd have a 2080ti etc etc, my system was built to a budget (kind of) but going through the hassle of eBay... Nah, screw that. Knowing my mate struggles financially because of his situation with kids etc I'd rather he got some good use out of it and to be perfectly honest my 2700x isnt a great deal faster in gaming, so once he can afford a reasonable gpu it will be a great work and gaming pc for a few years still.

Associate
Well you should feel good about what you do mate, if it makes you happy then who are some randoms on the internet to judge you?

Just need these 'super' Nvidia cards to drop, then I'll probably give him my 1070ti!

Associate
Well the irony is that my friend earns more money than I do... But having severely autistic kids is draining them financially and I know he loves gaming and its a great escape... One which currently he can't do. Nearly there though, if I don't upgrade an rx580 or gtx 1060 should drop again in price soon.

Associate
Well the irony is that my friend earns more money than I do... But having severely autistic kids is draining them financially and I know he loves gaming and its a great escape... One which currently he can't do. Nearly there though, if I don't upgrade an rx580 or gtx 1060 should drop again in price soon.

I see, with me i have no resentment when it comes to things like that apart from that, as have said if the person is needy and you care then it is fair play with what you decide to do.

Dan.

Associate
Yeah exactly, I'd buy him a full brand new pc if I could afford it, but nursery fees are more than our mortgage lol.

You really do have a heart of gold there mate.

For me i always do a personal sacrifice when i give, and it gets treated as kindness which is nice whilst asking for nothing.

Same as me i like to spoil the person despite the resentment because i know some people are hard up and all the reasons not to give but to look after your self.

But if they put that into our perspective, we are givers and entirely fair play and no one even hinted or demanded or asked for anything which is entirely of our own doing.

Those hard up people would understand and they might give to people they care as well like family and people closest to them or friends or whatever which is realistic under whichever circumstance.

So yeah, your exactly like me but with me i give to strangers and that is about it and because it is like that the whole thing is appreciated and grateful for it because i came out of the blue.

Because a stranger gave a stranger whichever, because of that as long as it is expensive, it would be a bigger wow then what you get at Christmas ;) and that is one of the reasons why i do that it would hardly get old.

Am cringing in case i get personally mocked.

Anyways all of this conversation isn't in the right thread hah i know...

Dan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom