• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Uses where AMD or Intel fail?

Soldato
Are there any uses where you would MUCH prefer an intel or AMD CPU?

The only uses I can think of are:

1. Emulation ; most emulators still favour intel, but AMD seem to have nearly caught up with Ryzen 2 but not quite
2. Vive Pro wireless streaming ; as far as I know upon release, no AMD support.

Associate
When you use your system to access sensitive data either personal or clients' data, then you would want the cpu that is less vulnerable. Imo, that would be an AMD cpu.

Soldato
Is it insanely old or clunky software that can only use 1 core. Do you want to run this 1 piece of software in isolation with no: patches for security, other programs running? Intel

Everything else: AMD

Caporegime
Is it insanely old or clunky software that can only use 1 core. Do you want to run this 1 piece of software in isolation with no: patches for security, other programs running? Intel

Everything else: AMD

Nope, you’re wrong...as posted intel are superior in DAW audio creation workloads and audio latency...

Soldato
OP
Do we need another intel V AMD thread?

I don't think this is really a bashing thread. I'm looking for use cases where AMD might be better. Although the extra core count of AMD is nice, for gamers who use CEMU.. the intel might be better?

It shocked me as I saw an AMD graphics card running BOTW on CEMU vs an Nvidia and I realised I will not buy an AMD card now, given the few £ I save over nvidia means I can't play a few games on emulators.

I was wondering if it was the case with CPUs as everyone seems very very anti-intel here.

Caporegime
I don't think this is really a bashing thread. I'm looking for use cases where AMD might be better. Although the extra core count of AMD is nice, for gamers who use CEMU.. the intel might be better?

It shocked me as I saw an AMD graphics card running BOTW on CEMU vs an Nvidia and I realised I will not buy an AMD card now, given the few £ I save over nvidia means I can't play a few games on emulators.

I was wondering if it was the case with CPUs as everyone seems very very anti-intel here.

What you will get is BS posts...just read through this thread again...

Here

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32795353/

Utter nonsense...so you won’t get any real data here just do some research yourself...

Caporegime
That used to be the case, but Quick Sync on the current versions of Premiere produces excellent quality output that cannot be distinguished from software encoding. I believe the same is true for DaVinci Resolve.

Maybe its a placebo thing. Or marketing, "cannot be distinguished" is incredibly subjective, i can see the difference.

Back
Top Bottom