• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
I never said that that's you words!!!

Here we go twisting words around to make your argument as always

And i will leave you to keep Trolling :D

No it was not my words...I was responding to

Gigabye are starting to suck at everything. i remember when they was almost kings

Then you piped up...Read the thread again...as your posting is incorrect.

Soldato
Now you are trolling...
No you just don't read properly anything I have typed.
I will come back here when I have a 8 or 12 core 3 series ryzen in my board overclocked, and watch you conveniently forget this ever happened, with your flippant disregard of logic and laugh at your new motherboard purchase unecessarily bought because of the former,

Caporegime
No you just don't read properly anything I have typed.
I will come back here when I have a 8 or 12 core 3 series ryzen in my board overclocked, and watch you conveniently forget this ever happened, with your flippant disregard of logic and laugh at your new motherboard purchase unecessarily bought because of the former,

Wut?

You’ve just contradicted yourself...

Terrible board - massive overclock - this gen
Good board - great overclock - next gen

So what is a terrible mobo (you know your board that you called terrible) going to do with a 3000?

It’s going to overclock a new gen just fine? As you missed that scenario out.

And I’ll only be buying a new motherboard if my B450 won’t clock a 3900x if the 3900x even overclocks...

Well don't quote me and then be replying from someone's else post then

As i said Trolling at its finest

now back to the thread and leave this behind

No you were wrong I corrected you...this is not trolling...you have now admitted your mistake ,wasted a lot of energy and the conclusion remains that I am correct...still!

These boards are boring as everyone who posts nonsense uses the troll card...

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Terrible board - massive overclock - this gen
Good board - great overclock - next gen

You don’t know that...AT ALL

easyrider, can you explain why you think that a 3rd gen chip won't overclock well on a good last gen board, assuming that zen+ and 3rd gen should require the same sort of power.

I understand that it is all speculation so I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong at this point. As someone who is hoping to keep my x370 for a 3700x I am just genuinely curious.

Associate
Wut?

So what is a terrible mobo (you know your board that you called terrible) going to do with a 3000?

And I’ll only be buying a new motherboard if my B450 won’t clock a 3900x if the 3900x even overclocks...
Please point out the contradiction. Good luck by the way, because there isn't one.

Soldato
is the "Gigabye x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming" really that bad?
That's not actually the worst one with two high side FETs.
With that retarded VRM cooling sabotaging IO cover crap removed it might decent for 95W CPU.

Lower VRM with one high side FET was pretty much good only for 65W TDP CPUs in long term stressing in The Stil't testing.
Fully stressed higher TDP CPUs making it run questionably hot with CPU at stock.
Lower models with one high side FET are pretty much gaming garbage marketing scam products with all the money in wrong places and useless crap.

Just as another example of ****** up designs only heatsink which isn't BS design in that X470 is where it doesn't do any actual good for most people: M.2 drive

I agree, I remember when they were almost top of the game, I was a big fanboi of thiers, then they suddenly seemed to take a nose dive
Also Asus has plenty of AM4 mobos with equally bad VRM.
In same test Asus Strix B450-F's VRM actually overheated in 12 minutes causing throtting when doing X264 encoding with 2700X.
And even with 2600X enabling Precision Boost Override was too much.
That's how bad safety margins are with those VRMs.

Would be favour to mankind and overburdened nature of this planet, if someone shipped those gaming hype marketroids to remote island and then kept nuking it until there's nothing left but empty ocean.

Caporegime
To be fair @easyrider if the 3900x runs ok without any overclocking in your b450 Pro Carbon it will be a massive upgrade

The 3900x will run fine in my B450...but I’m not interested in running stock.

All this depends on the headroom of the 3900x

If for example, if the 3900x reaches 5ghz on a X570 and only runs stock on a b450 then I may consider getting a X570

But I’ll be doing some testing first with current B450 board.

easyrider, can you explain why you think that a 3rd gen chip won't overclock well on a good last gen board, assuming that zen+ and 3rd gen should require the same sort of power.

I have no doubt that an 8/16 3700x or 3800x will overclock on a X470 or B450

But I have no interest in these chips

To spell it out...

I’m interested in 3900x 12/24 thread chip Overclocking on my current B450 motherboard...if I’m gimped and the X570 is better for clocking I’ll get one.

Please point out the contradiction. Good luck by the way, because there isn't one.

Well done 3 posts already your third being nonsense...your agenda to join these forums is clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Wut?

No you were wrong I corrected you...this is not trolling...you have now admitted your mistake ,wasted a lot of energy and the conclusion remains that I am correct...still!

These boards are boring as everyone who posts nonsense uses the troll card...
Oh you are one of those people.....

I will ignore you, I'm sorry for that, i'm sure over a nice pint or pizza we would have a great laugh but on here I can't stand to type to you, it's like your replying to a different person

Soldato
I think one other factor that we sometimes forget, is perceived value can be a very individual thing. One person could see value in having three M.2 slots, where as another might think it is a waste and that you could just put a PCI-E riser card in that will take 2 or 4 M.2 drives if you need more slots in future. The same can be said for what you are suggesting, buying a 3800X over a 3700X, how one person values the extra £70 spent vs. another thinking it is a waste of money, especially when they are the same core/thread count, and it is inevitably going to be swapped out.

It was much easier in the earlier days of PC, back when you'd have bought a top of the range 386 DX33, only to have it obliterated by a new CPU after 6-9 months and knowing it was coming but still buying it anyhow. :)

Totally agree. I think also the industry has changed. Gains in performance are harder to come by and there seems to be the "Sergei Bubka" strategy being used drip feeding the increases. Personally I'd rather overclock the 3700X but I suspect the binning is much more sophisticated these days and the 3700X will cap out sooner than the 3800X. Not that it really matters but it would irk me :D I think I'm also older and time is worth more to me than a few quid extra to mess around squeezing out the extra performance. I suppose that makes me a casual rather than an enthusiast :)

I'm glad there is more life in hardware now and we have things like PnP and no more IRQ conflict nonsense to sort out. Looking forward to some shiny new gear, 2011 was a long time ago!

Caporegime
Buildzoid has recommended many Gigabyte boards.

But back on topic I’m hoping my B450 will allow at least some 3900x Overclocking.

It was one of my reasons for selling the 9900k...get a decent B450 for a reasonable cost and plonk in a new 3000 series Ryzen. The 3900x being the only one that interested me.

Soldato
OP
As I started the thread quite some time ago, based on the Zen 2 CPU's, maybe I should have the thread closed, especially as we are now on the brink of the release of the CPU the thread was based on, its turned into quite the biatch fest.

The OP said, if these turn out to be true then they are going to be shocking CPU's, well we all know the link I posted turned out to be true, at the time of posting it, they were all just rumors floating around.

Associate
Buildzoid has recommended many Gigabyte boards.
So what. He's a VRM snob and if a company sticks the best VRM on something then he'll gravitate to that and ignore the issues with the BIOS for the most part. If I was doing that level of overclocking I would still consider the top end Gigabyte's. But anything below their top model is mostly crap from a UEFI perspective so I'll go AsRock, ASUS or MSI at that point, though likely ASUS. I won't ever touch a Gigabyte though below it's top SKU, far far too many have failed on me and my clients.

Caporegime
So what. He's a VRM snob and if a company sticks the best VRM on something then he'll gravitate to that and ignore the issues with the BIOS for the most part. If I was doing that level of overclocking I would still consider the top end Gigabyte's.

Well that was my point. Gigabyte make some solid Overclocking boards...

But anything below their top model is mostly crap from a UEFI perspective so I'll go AsRock, ASUS or MSI at that point, though likely ASUS. I won't ever touch a Gigabyte though below it's top SKU, far far too many have failed on me and my clients.

I think it depends on the model and platform...my Asrock Z390 was utter rubbish...would clock the 9900k at all..so I got the ASUS Hero...best bios in the business imo..when I decided to go Zen 2 I thought I’d give MSI a revisit after some years.

I love the bios and the MSI pro Carbon Is one of the best boards I have had for the money...so it swings a roundabouts...

I’m hoping it does my 3900x justice...as for the sweeping statement made earlier by someone about gigabyte being rubbish...I was just highlighting it was not a clear cut case...there are good boards and bad boards across manufactures...

Back
Top Bottom