Kicking a Phone

Caporegime
I hate the fact that nearly everyone in the crowd is watching it through their phone screen :(

Was like that when I went to see KoL a few years back. I'd been a fan since the first album but this was just after sex on fire had come out as a single and it was just full of tools stood with their phones out the whole way through meaning you couldnt see anything other than arms and phones. I was gutted.

Worst live music experience I've had. Thankfully most other bands in in to don't attract the same type of crowd. Jethro Tull for example asked for no flash photography but not a single person was filming.

Soldato
Once I was in a situation whereby a person was politely asked several times to put their phone away after awhile, but they didn’t, so it got grabbed and lobbed - to much applause. And I didn’t feel the slightest bit sorry for the person that was holding the phone.

I feel sorry for the poor sod in the landing zone though. :D Hopefully it wasn’t an old Nokia. :eek:

Soldato
We're complaining about people using their phones to film gigs because it is annoying, an act kicks the phone out of someone's hands because it is annoying, but we are able to share this experience online with others and joke about it... because someone was filming the gig on their phone and has shared it.

Soldato
Whilst I hate phones at gigs, this was a **** move.
This. If the singer has such an issue with phones at gigs he should (a) be clear that they won't allow people filming on the tickets/literature and (b) give the person/people fair warning at the gig that they shouldn't be doing so. Doing something like that is kinda funny, but also incredibly rude considering the person is paying his bills at the end of the day. If there's one thing that turns me off a particular "celeb" or "performer" immediately it's acting like a **** to their fans.

PS: Everyone moaning about phones at gigs like "I had to move". Yeah.. because it's so hard to move 3ft to the right (or even better in front of them), what a hardship! :rolleyes:
PPS: I do hate phones at gigs, a few snaps for the memory is fine but filming whole songs can gtfo.

Caporegime
We're complaining about people using their phones to film gigs because it is annoying, an act kicks the phone out of someone's hands because it is annoying, but we are able to share this experience online with others and joke about it... because someone was filming the gig on their phone and has shared it.

True. Have the police piled resources into investigating the incident yet or have they now got their priorities straight?

Permabanned
What an arsebag, really. Doing that to a fan. Maybe he can easily afford a new phone but the fan?
As for being the "metal" thing to do...yeah right, that's pussy material. If that's what goes for being a mental "metal" thing to do these days well, I must have been a world class bloody criminal when I was young. A right headbanger. Pffft.

Caporegime
One less phone spoiling the view. They ruin all live events and dark rides in theme parks.

Enjoy the thing you paid money to see/do with your eyes not looking at a stupid screen.

Exactly, so many people show you vids of stuff they went to and you just know they were stood / sat there with their face glued to their phone. "So, how was it?"

"How the **** would I know? I was recording!"

I often watch some of the old rave vids from when I was a teenager, so nice to see everyone enjoying themselves without phones. One of them is fairly well featured with Nokia 3310s and the like, awesome. And yet here we are 20 years later, enjoying the footage.

Back
Top Bottom