Buying a basic gaming PC

Associate
OP
Hey, so just thinking, anything else that might be worth adding to this build? Like, I don't know about DvD drives or stuff like that? Little extra things you know?

Soldato
Hey, so just thinking, anything else that might be worth adding to this build? Like, I don't know about DvD drives or stuff like that? Little extra things you know?
Unless you have the regular need for a DVD drive (all games and music is digital - unless you have software DVDs you want to use) - i would buy an external drive to cover you for the odd occasion you may need one (if you need one).

Presuming you have your keyboard/mouse?

Speakers - great for listing to music/radio while working, headset (better for gaming), USB pen drives for saving/transporting data etc...

Associate
Seriously drop the idea of the 1tb mech drive , if you can afford it fine but its at the bottom of a list of more important things.

6 core 2600
16gb ram
radeon 570
500Gb ssd.
Motherboard

Thats your core.
You will need a case, cooling, psu (something decent not cheep and nasty), DVD drive if you want although i wouldnt, licensed copy of windows, keyboard, mouse, speakers (if needed) and of course the monitor.
Then after all that, if you have change then yeah go for a big hdd but i would spend it elsewhere first.

Then of course building it, and thats not easy - its easy to do it poorly as many do (hell the number of pc's come across my desk that look like its #myfirstpcbuild lol)

Back
Top Bottom