Games that you used to like but now dislike

Soldato
Assassins Creed series. Not hate, just done. I used to eat, sleep and breathe the whole thing but now I can't even be arsed to keep up with where it is.

The latest two are a new experience Vs previous assassin's creed games. I never liked any before origins. While I used to occasionally dip in to try them they are now an insta buy for me if they continue like this.

Associate
I feel the itch coming on, Motorsport was always king. Do you have a garage and all that too? Thing I hated about Horizon was being in a top end Ferrari within an hour of play with no progression left and nothing to do!

I found it too easy to make money, you don't really need to worry much about that, so you have to concentrate on the other features like upgrades and tuning etc.

Soldato
I enjoyed it at first, but with all the thousands of available mods and possibilities, it gets extremely fatiguing. It ends up feeling like work rather than play.

I feel the thing that puts me off is traffic, it's like an OCD now, if its below 80% I'm not satisfied, creating a city with a similar road layout to a real life city would be carnage, Manchester in cities skylines would easily be down to 10% traffic flow! And this is the problem, I want to expand my city but instead spend hours modifying roads to smooth out traffic flow and it feels like a job, if they perfected this then its be much more fun!

Destiny 2

Care to elaborate? I've literally just got into it, finding it interesting getting new weapons and testing them out at the moment, only level 11 and 130 power though.

Soldato
Not so much a game, more Codemasters dropping off a cliff. Without going too far back in to the nostalgic past, I think you can call that moment as being the release of Dirt 3 and the pick up of the F1 license.

Since then it's been downhill with rinse and repeat releases full of misleading PR, awful DLC practices, and poor support. The one glimmer of former glory was the DR kickstarter, engaging with the community and getting people back on board, which they've subsequently ****** up the wall by dragging DR2 in to the Codemasters garden of awfulness.. aka guff PR, DLC, and sketchy support.

They went from the very best to the worst.

Associate
And what about games that you stopped playing but recently went back to and love it?
For me, it's Test Drive Unlimited. Played it to death on the 360, got a PC copy but didn't really play that much, but gone back to it with the platinum mods. It must now be around 13 years old, but there are still loads of people online playing it today - even online there's loads of people.

Soldato
Elite Dangerous. Maybe not so much hate as just boundless disappointment.

I still want it to be so much more than it is.

This actually. The latest Community Goal is doing appallingly, hardly anyone delivering cargo - my own lacklustre effort has put me in the top 10%. Won't play in Open due to the notorious griefing which FDev still refuse to acknowledge or do anything to mitigate. There's no real end goal unlike the X-games and while some of it is enjoyable, once I got Exploration Elite trying to get the other two seems a pointless grind.

Other games - Deus Ex HR, played the opening levels and never went back. Deus Ex MD, didn't even finish the opening level on my last attempt, not helped by sudden weird mouse behaviour.

Soldato
Surprised not to see Call of Duty mentioned so far. This game series fell of a cliff with me after MW2 what with its "gizmo"-centric multiplayer, Last Stand I am looking at you, its ridiculous console influenced dumbed down and compressed gameplay and lack of any need for tactics or finesse, or skill. Never even thought once about buying any COD game since then.

Soldato
WoW... In itself for becoming a watered down snore fest and the effect it had on virtually every other game where everything had levels and "progress" often at the expense of gameplay. See below.

The CoD series (after CoD 2)

Dawn of war series for unnecessarily trying to be different

Associate
Team Fortress 2.

It's been a complete mess for many years now but was fantastic when it was first released. I'm sure it's almost all nostalgia but the more simple approach it began as was much more appealing.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
WoT and WoWS.
I think they’ve done awesome things with the game engine and it seems to have masses of potential.
Then WG appears to have been taken over by an agressive investment fund, only interested in making the most cash possible from each game, seemingly ignoring obvious opportunities. Then you can add in the most toxic community I’ve come across.
Just such a waste.

Soldato
OP
Going to add The Division as well. I played it religiously for six months and then became utterly fed up of the way the devs would constantly nerf / alter the gear. I've no intention of ever playing it again, or its sequel.

Soldato
I mean, what can really change? Any rule changes and dynamics get added and they have been working on the 3D game engine. Not sure what else they can do with something so modelled on a real thing.

Are you joking? Have you never been near an FM forum and seen all the improvement suggestions people make as well as the disappointment thread that always follows a game release?

Back
Top Bottom