*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Do the gamepass quests for getting MS reward points appear for anyone. They used to show up via the rewards app but non have shown up for a few months now yet the MS site currently lists a few that are running atm.

I had a brief time where the quests would come and go but after the last system update things appear to be better. Have you tried un-installing the app and re-installing? Also, the quests show up on the Game Pass app on mobile so you can keep track from that as well.

Associate
I had a brief time where the quests would come and go but after the last system update things appear to be better. Have you tried un-installing the app and re-installing? Also, the quests show up on the Game Pass app on mobile so you can keep track from that as well.

They have reappeared now, installing/updating the community calendar app on the xbox, then going to game quests from within that, which loads the rewards app made them all start to appear again .

Caporegime
Cool, post your thoughts after you have finished it, I forgot to add its a short game, can be easily completed in one sitting and the story is quite sad.

Easily completed in one sitting? You must have the patience of a saint. My controller almost got thrown out the window at certain points so I had to switch off periodically to calm down. :p

Man of Honour
Easily completed in one sitting? You must have the patience of a saint. My controller almost got thrown out the window at certain points so I had to switch off periodically to calm down. :p

If you've completed Celeste this is a doddle (so far, it might get tricky later).

Soldato
Just came back from holiday, which is where I was when I stacked up my almost 3 years of Ultimate. I've got about 7 or 8 new games to play now as so much was added to Game Pass whilst I was away. Including Football Manager 2019 through Game Pass for PC :)

Firstly, really enjoying Outer Wilds, going into it not knowing anything about it has made it an interesting experience, a few WTF moments as well.

And for quick laughs and some easy achievements, Supermarker Shriek is quite entertaining as well.

Caporegime
I’ve got so many games to play thanks to Gamepass ultimate I don’t even know where to begin!

Combined with the rewards games there’s so much choice...it’s overwhelming lol

Soldato
Spent a few hours over the weekend finishing off the quest challenges from this month. Astroneer was one of the games that I used to get a few achievements but I will definitely be playing this again when I have some more time.

Soldato
The Xbox 360 games that are part of the monthly "Games with Gold" thing - are they still yours to keep and play when your Gold sub runs out?
no, you lose access until you re-sub iirc

Edit:, Actually im wrong here, the 360 games are indeed yours to keep. oops ;)

"On Xbox 360, any Games with Gold titles that you redeem as an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member are yours to keep, regardless of whether you continue your subscription."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/games-with-gold-faq

Last edited:
Caporegime
Achievements on Xbox

I'm well out of the loop as I have been mainly concentrating on PS4 trophies the past few years but did I see somewhere that Xbox allows you track individual achievements and display them on your screen?

And when you have multi-part achievements, e.g. kill 20 humans, does it automatically track and display this so you can see how much you've done? Is it only an option if a game implements it or is it a system-wide thing?

This all came about because I'm playing Prey on Windows 10 which has Xbox Live achievements. When I check the progress in the Xbox Console Companion app, it doesn't seem to be tracking progress. Not sure whether it's a PC bug. Anyone got Prey on their Xbox list and can check it?

fVERjbq.png

Soldato
Achievements on Xbox

I'm well out of the loop as I have been mainly concentrating on PS4 trophies the past few years but did I see somewhere that Xbox allows you track individual achievements and display them on your screen?

And when you have multi-part achievements, e.g. kill 20 humans, does it automatically track and display this so you can see how much you've done? Is it only an option if a game implements it or is it a system-wide thing?

This all came about because I'm playing Prey on Windows 10 which has Xbox Live achievements. When I check the progress in the Xbox Console Companion app, it doesn't seem to be tracking progress. Not sure whether it's a PC bug. Anyone got Prey on their Xbox list and can check it?

fVERjbq.png

There's definitely an option, short-press on the xbox button, it's in the achievements bit there, I forget exactly what the option is called, I stumbled across it a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom