• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Associate
The pricing is atrocious and the GPU market continues to be dog ****.

I had hoped that AMD would be driving prices down, but if anything they seem to be aiming for parity, which is extremely disappointing. AMD should be trying to beat Nvidia on price, which historically has been one of their few successful tactics, but this just doesn't seem to be happening.

Consumers are largely to blame though, if they keep buying overpriced products, then said products will stay overpriced. :(

Soldato
It is like they aren't taking seriously that Nvidia is by far the marker leader so is able to get that premium price. Until AMD can prove themselves again like every other market, unless they have incredible marketing, they will.need to go cheaper to get sales. Time will tell, and I am no salesman....

Associate
Better to sell 1000 cards at £5 profit than 100 cards at £30 profit or w/e

you know what i mean

How about sell 100 cards at £30 profit, cut price and sell 200 at £20 profit, cut price again sell 200 at £10 profit, cut price again sell 500 at £5 profit

AMD already have compelling EOL offerings from £100-£350. They don't have anything competitive from £350-£500. You can argue it should be faster at that price range and maybe when Navi 20 is released that will happen and this will drop in price

Soldato
Can get a 2070 for under $500 on newegg. Cheapest I’ve seen here is around 470-480. Given most items tend to go for $to£ 1:1 it will be around that price for pre orders at least I suspect. The rx590 is 220 on new egg and around the same price here for the equivalent card.

I do not disagree. Wrote few pages back, that there are 3 2070s as $479. 4 between 489-500 and 25 all way to $600.
However there are 2 2070 SKUs. A and non-A, and for the "sub" $500, the is the EVGA Black, with the smaller cooler than the Ultra and lower clocks, the Mini, a blower, the Armor, and god forbid someone buys it, the Windforce. A card famous for it's high failure rate within 5 months. A nip to Newegg reviews can prove why wrote this.

The good samples of the 2070s are over $550. Similarly to the UK. The good ones are over £500.

Soldato
I do not disagree. Wrote few pages back, that there are 3 2070s as $479. 4 between 489-500 and 25 all way to $600.
However there are 2 2070 SKUs. A and non-A, and for the "sub" $500, the is the EVGA Black, with the smaller cooler than the Ultra and lower clocks, the Mini, a blower, the Armor, and god forbid someone buys it, the Windforce. A card famous for it's high failure rate within 5 months. A nip to Newegg reviews can prove why wrote this.

The good samples of the 2070s are over $550. Similarly to the UK. The good ones are over £500.
What are palit like, I was eyeing up the game rock, its an a chip and one of the cheaper ones, good custom pcb and vrms too

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Better to sell 1000 cards at £5 profit than 100 cards at £30 profit or w/e

you know what i mean
Yeah, but they are taking a page out of Nvidia's book with what they do with the Titan series. Price it high and milk the die hard fans who will buy regardless, then when sales start to slow down reduce price (nvidia just remove 1gb and call it 1080Ti etc).

When picking up my 4K G-Sync monitor a couple years ago I knew AMD would not be in the top end game for many years and even when they are they will charge like Nvidia.

Soldato
It seems that AMD are fighting a loosing battle with pricing. AMD used to be known as a low cost brand and people associate low cost with low quality. I used to read so many ill informed comments with negativity towards AMD because of this.

Soldato
Yeah I dont understand why they weren't announced

I'm guessing the 7nm process is too expensive for the lower tier cards? So maybe they'll use 12nm for a stopgap on lower performance cards ? Even so I just don't get Amd's half arse attitude. They need low,mid, high (2080/+) and to dual purpose these chips for mobile and desktop.

But are incredibly quiet on any future gpu info.

Back
Top Bottom