What retro game would you like to see modernised?

Soldato
What retro game would you like to see updated and remade and released for todays gaming?

I would choose an obscure game based off the tv series hill street blues that I played on the Amiga. It was a top down police game that you were the head of the police and crimes were being committed across the town and you had to direct police cars to the location, or even police men and women on foot to arrest the offenders.

The game had a full traffic lights system were cars would have to stop at lights. You could end up getting in a shootout with the offender. I think you could call an ambulance.

It was a very good, but difficult game. It seems to have been missed in this modern era.

I found a video of it for a visual

Associate
There are some games I would like to see modernised, only, not necessarily a graphics overhaul as many classic games lose their charm and appeal.

For example Alone in the Dark, the later edition, substituted mustachio'd, bumbling Edward Carnby, to some younger chisel jawed chap? :(

I would be happy with retro style release (ala Ion Maiden) for Grand Prix Legends, Outlaws & B-17; Where the games are overhauled in content and not just eye candy.

There are others I am sure!

A Grand Theft Auto Vice City / Mafia style game based on 60's/70's 'Get Carter' underworld would be quite good. :)

Caporegime
Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker as the gameplay was top notch, nearly every game I've played since it feels like the balls are rolling through mud.

Midwinter.

Soldato
Mercenary

It was way ahead of it's time back then, I'd love to see what they could do now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercenary_(video_game)

Oh and I'd love a Total War: Lords of Midnight ;)

I always remember on the speccy version, I managed to get the cheese, then flew up to the skybase, and accidentally, walked off the end of it, plummeting to the ground, while leaving the cheese parked on the base.

Back
Top Bottom