cordless mower reccomendation?

Soldato
We have the Bosch Rotak 32 (https://www.diy.com/departments/bosch-rotak-32-li-cordless-lithium-ion-lawnmower/1610587_BQ.prd)

Haven't had any issues and one charge should allow you to easily cut what you've showed there. We're in a new build with a small garden now, but in our old house it cut a 60m long lawn in one charge.

We have a Bosch Rotak, had a petrol lawnmower previously, believe its the Rotak 32 we have and its been great for the 2-3 years of owning it, the battery is easy to take out and charge and we can mow our lawn 2-3 times, perhaps more without needing to recharge it.

Also got a Bosch Rotak here, does the job very well. I also get about 2-3 mows per charge for a mid size back lawn, always impressed with how easy it is to mow and get the battery in and out.

Soldato
OP
Interesting. Once all properties are sold, would you then be able to fence that boundary and effectively create a lower tier garden? It looks quite sizeable compared to space at the rear in the images.

yes, once the time in the contract passes we can do what we want with it i believe. We are going to look to see if we can put a small picket fence in pretty soon just to stop rubbish etc blowing on to it and to show that it is ours.

I'm wondering how many other homeowners on the estate will lay claim to that land (wouldn't put it past developers to say everyone ones it, as other people have said its very unusual to own land like that, especially of that size.

It was originally planned not to be our land but they then changed their mind and gave it us, our back garden was narrower but when they decided this they made it a bit wider. The bit that sticks out past the stairs up the side of the house is the extra bit. It is drawn into our property border.

Thanks for the mower recommendations, i shall look in to them!

Soldato
yes, once the time in the contract passes we can do what we want with it i believe. We are going to look to see if we can put a small picket fence in pretty soon just to stop rubbish etc blowing on to it and to show that it is ours.
Good idea as I suspect kids et al will see it as free verge to play on.

Soldato
So i am considering getting a cordless mower.

This is what i have to mow:

Thanks for any help.
I love my bosch cordless mower mower which I had for over 5 years
( I also have the 36volt cordless strimmer and hedge cutter that take the same batteries)

If you do buy one get one that comes with 4ah or higher batteries ;););)

mSwT4Jb.png

Last edited:
Associate
If I was mowing areas the size you have, I'd personally want a petrol mower, but I'm a sucker for petrol power tools :)

I used to think like that but eventually got fed up of petrol or inconvenient cords and looked for a higher capacity battery mower and went with one of the EGO range mowers. Its 7.5AH 56v battery would do my grass twice over even when long and using the self propelled drive. Despite the battery capacity it still charges in one hour with their rapid charger.

For smaller gardens it's overkill, but for more mid size its a great mower. It is pricey but does come with a 5 year machine and 3 year battery warranty.

Back
Top Bottom