What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Venom - well what a surprise, I quite liked that! Wonderfully goofy and fun. There’s just something amusing about that bit dumb grinning face and the strange way he spoke :D

8/10

Associate
penthouse-north-2013.jpg

Keaton at his very best and Monaghan as sexy and tragic as hell :):)

Soldato
Get Shorty & Be Cool - 7/10 & 3/10 - Get Shorty was a nice little Noir/4th-wall style film with Travolta, Hackman and Russo all being in top form with some really sharp banter from Elmore Leonards script, which feels like it is at Soderbergh/Sorkin levels for most of the film. However I think the "knowing winks" to camera (within the script) were maybe a little too strong but the film was enjoyable none the less. The sequel Be Cool was a huge mess however, with the "Knowing Winks" ramped up to parody levels, poor performances for virtually everyone (except a scene-stealing one by Andre 3000) and just a lack of love for the original making it seem like a money-grab.

Soldato
I really like Get Shorty, but Be Cool was certainly terrible. Interestingly, Get Shorty was directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, who also directed the first three Men in Black films. Be cool, was directed by Felix Gary Gray, who also directed Men in Black: International. I think it can definitely be said, Gary Gray really shouldn't bother directing any more comedic films.

Soldato
MIB International - 6/10 (5 being average), good for kids (the kids in front of us were laughing their asses off) although the plot is simple. Adults probably a 4/10.

Associate
MiB International - 2/10 Really poor, acting was pretty poor, no chemistry with the leads and little to no decent humour/action

X-Men Dark Phoenix - 3/10 Not the worst film I saw today (see above), pointless story with no engagment with any of the characters

Man of Honour
Stephen King's The Shining (1997).

Actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I still prefer the style and production of the first one, though. Both recommended.

Just watched the Jack Nicholson film!

Starts off very strong but from many rewatches now it’s a little slow for my tastes and I spent most of my time waiting for ‘the good bits’ - there is LOT in between. Also it’s actually quite anticlimactic. The best bit is the axe/door scene and it goes on for quite some time afterwards.

Jack Nicholson is great of course although he does get zany far quicker than I remembered.

The resolution of the cook’s storyline is, admittedly, just a bit annoying. Again, a lot of ‘waiting’ for the ‘payoff’.

Kinda interesting that it wasn’t as compelling as I remembered.

7/10

Caporegime
Just watched the Jack Nicholson film!

Starts off very strong but from many rewatches now it’s a little slow for my tastes and I spent most of my time waiting for ‘the good bits’ - there is LOT in between. Also it’s actually quite anticlimactic. The best bit is the axe/door scene and it goes on for quite some time afterwards.

Jack Nicholson is great of course although he does get zany far quicker than I remembered.

The resolution of the cook’s storyline is, admittedly, just a bit annoying. Again, a lot of ‘waiting’ for the ‘payoff’.

Kinda interesting that it wasn’t as compelling as I remembered.

7/10

It's a film I can watch quite often. I like the slow build up but each to their own. :)

Man of Honour
Put on Murder Mystery a Netflix original whilst ironing, what a heap of **** it did not have a single redeeming quality. 1/10.
Oh man, again people watching things on here that I go to watch! :D

Just finished watching this and loved it. I always like Adam Sandler films. Just goofy and irrelevant. Enjoyed it more than the Shining actually :o :p

Soldato
Oh man, again people watching things on here that I go to watch! :D

Just finished watching this and loved it. I always like Adam Sandler films. Just goofy and irrelevant. Enjoyed it more than the Shining actually :o :p

Right, we'll I didn't find it as bad as No1newts but is was not as entertaining as Nitefly says either. Below average considering the cast, raised a couple of smiles but that's about it. 2/5

Back
Top Bottom