Can your credit rating drop if your good with finances?

Soldato
Apparently you can disappear from all credit checks - I have. No matter what credit score website I use the sites all come back saying I don't exist, this is despite me having had credit cards in the past and having purchased a few bits and bobs on 0% finance over the years. All were paid off on time and without a problem, but yet I still don't exist.

Soldato
Regardless of anything causing a drop, remember that the Experian score is just an arbitrary number that they use to give you a visual representation of your history. In actual terms of being able to get credit it means less than nothing; each lender will judge your history based on their own criteria.

Soldato
Apparently you can disappear from all credit checks - I have. No matter what credit score website I use the sites all come back saying I don't exist, this is despite me having had credit cards in the past and having purchased a few bits and bobs on 0% finance over the years. All were paid off on time and without a problem, but yet I still don't exist.

How long ago in the past? Your credit history only goes back 6 years.

Don
No mortgage either?

Associate
I think it's worthwhile paying attention to your credit score as it shows up other issues.

I found that I had a credit link to a former girlfriend from 10 years ago which I then had removed. I would imagine that you see if someone else had been signing up to things in your name too.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its a broken system designed to keep you as a sheep.

The good example is closing down one account to get a better deal on another account, the new account might actually save you money yet its a negative.

Bahhhhhh bahhhhhhhhh

Viva la revolution

Soldato
Its a broken system designed to keep you as a sheep.

The good example is closing down one account to get a better deal on another account, the new account might actually save you money yet its a negative.

Bahhhhhh bahhhhhhhhh

Viva la revolution
Don't need revolution, just need to stay away from debt. ;)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Don't need revolution, just need to stay away from debt. ;)

So when you pop out your star trek universe where everything is free and the pursuit of knowladge is the most awesome thing ever, the rest of us need a leg up now and then mainly on the home front :)

Soldato
So when you pop out your star trek universe where everything is free and the pursuit of knowladge is the most awesome thing ever, the rest of us need a leg up now and then mainly on the home front :)
A mortgage is understandable, as I don't expect people to have £120,000 hanging round their back pocket (what this buys you, obviously depends on where you live :p)

Things like car, insurance, food, etc, just live simply. :)

Soldato
Why do you guys care about a number changing? How does your credit rating being 900 instead of 999 affect your life? When I got a Mortgage I'd never even had a credit card, it was given based on an affordability assessment and the fact I had saved up a deposit

Soldato
remember 5 years ago been turned down for a £100 overdraft (dd buffer) on my halifax current acount when i had well over 100k in their savings account (only due to selling up and been inbetween houses) not sure why as they then gave me a 34month interest free credit card

Soldato
Why do you guys care about a number changing? How does your credit rating being 900 instead of 999 affect your life? When I got a Mortgage I'd never even had a credit card, it was given based on an affordability assessment and the fact I had saved up a deposit

Same I don't understand the infatuation with credit rating, it's almost a made up thing.
We had to show we could afford double the rate we borrowed at by providing 6 months current accounts.
That was it at no point did they mention credit rating.
I have a credit card, I have a personal loan. But they just want to see that you can afford what your asking for.

Same with the personal loan not mention of needing a certain credit rating.

Soldato
It is the essence of gamification of personal finance.

Create a scale and an internal system to rank people on it. Collect their personal data and then us it to sell them things to improve their number. Pretend you care. Profit.

Back
Top Bottom