What watch do you wear?

Soldato
No way. Weren't these CW watches like £300 only a few years ago - now you've got to drop a grand on them?
Same with most things tbh, get popular and price goes bonkers...and people will pay it.

Saying that, I was looking at a watch earlier, £2.5k and not even a known brand...not sure what the movement was (other than auto chrono) but the case etc was designed by a jewellery company.

Caporegime
Yeah, I mean that one is a limited edition version and the basic model is like £700-ish.. the GMT version is pretty much a grand now, pretty sure that used to be about 350 or so a few years back... I guess maybe they have improved things with the current model but lots of it perhaps is, as you pointed out, the brand getting more popular and people being prepared to pay it.

Associate
Yeah, I mean that one is a limited edition version and the basic model is like £700-ish.. the GMT version is pretty much a grand now, pretty sure that used to be about 350 or so a few years back... I guess maybe they have improved things with the current model but lots of it perhaps is, as you pointed out, the brand getting more popular and people being prepared to pay it.

A lot of reviews suggest a hell of a lot of bang for buck at that price.

I'll let people know my thoughts once I get it, having owned Omega's I'll be able to do a comparison to my Seamaster (current) and the 'memory' of my Speedmaster.

Watches in general are all on the rise it feels.

Last edited:
Associate
I like the look of the CW trident with the black bezel and I've been after a proper working watch for a while. Id I'd like a Planet Ocean but don't want to spend Omega money when I am very hard on watchs when im doing stuff (the speedy comes off if I am doing anything remotely physical)

I did have a Rotary ocean avenger which was a good looking cheap watch. However I have wrecked it within a year.

Soldato
Undecided, I was after solar and digital /analouge, but the one I like is solar and analouge only.
I wish the GG-1000-1A3ER was solar, I like that one.
GG-1000-1A3ER is solar, but don't like it as much.
GA-1000-4AER I quite like.
GW-3000M-4AER really like this one, solar and radio control
GG-1000-1A3ER very nice, also very nice price.

Hmmmmmm........

Back
Top Bottom