Kicking a Phone

Caporegime
Maybe she enjoyed doing it? Maybe she was practicing and wants to film things in the future? How do you think all of these official photos at gigs get taken?

By official photographers with SLR's and decent kit

Not some numpty on a mobile phone.

Edit - other than sometimes the band taking a selfie.

Soldato
You don't buy photographic or filming rights with your concert ticket. Just the right to enjoy the music, experience and atmosphere in keeping with others. So the person filming is in breach of copyright anyway.

I'm with the performers actions in this case.

Man of Honour
You don't buy photographic or filming rights with your concert ticket. Just the right to enjoy the music, experience and atmosphere in keeping with others. So the person filming is in breach of copyright anyway.

I'm with the performers actions in this case.

Priest haven't got a problem with being filmed and most bands haven't, this idiot took it too far.
Metallica even had pits setup so people could bring expensive gear in but asked to send to the band if they got anything decent.

Permabanned
Cameras / Video recorders in phones should be banned.
In addition to solving this concert problem, Instagram would go away, and god knows what else.
Would be a master stroke.

Permabanned

I don't think that's right. AFAIK it's not unlawful and it's not a breach of copyright. It differs from venue to venue and act management. Most do not mind camera phones but will require you write in advance and seek permission if you intend to take any pro grade equipment, they would probably consider any form of SLR pro grade regardless of the competence of the user. Some acts will even buy your photos from you if they are any good. As long as you're not making prints and selling them or you're not making profit from other streams from the pictures then you're ok.

Soldato
People pay their money, then film it when there. No one should care. It's up to them.

Stop being a bunch of interfering so an sooos

Man of Honour
OP
People pay their money, then film it when there. No one should care. It's up to them.

Stop being a bunch of interfering so an sooos
So it doesn’t bother you if people are using their phones in front of you in a cinema then? Surely you are familiar with that annoying and highly disruptive ‘glow’.

Man of Honour
So it doesn’t bother you if people are using their phones in front of you in a cinema then? Surely you are familiar with that annoying and highly disruptive ‘glow’.

Not really the same at a concert where you can just move if you’re standing.

Plus cinemas tell you in advance not to use your phone and put it on silent/switch it off.

Permabanned
I mean I agree with the sentiment, people should go to gigs to enjoy the music, not to spam social media for likes. It's pretty disrespectful to destroy the phone though with no prior warning that he doesn't want people to film or asking them to stop.

Do you spot the hypocrisy of most of the posters that think it's acceptable? Ha ha

Man of Honour
OP
Not really the same at a concert where you can just move if you’re standing.

Plus cinemas tell you in advance not to use your phone and put it on silent/switch it off.
Being able to ‘just move’ isn’t really a thing, particularly at the front any show like that. By moving, you will just annoy everyone else.

You shouldn’t need to be told ‘don’t be a ****’ at any show, or the cinema, to justify any response you get for acting like a ****.

Soldato
With the discussion of pro photogs at gigs... There's a general industry rule which I've observed at most gigs. You take photos for the first three songs. Then you put the camera away, or at least get out of the pit and stay sidestage. It frees bands up to actually perform and means if they want to, say, kick a phone or smash a guitar, they're not being documented every step.

Soldato
Did you know they played at The Highwayman? That was the first place I saw them.
Not many bands played there but they did along with UFO and a couple more.

No, but I did used to go there quite often as the Rigger used to run a coach. Hell of a walk back if you miss the coach and you're two sheets to the wind.

Soldato
Being able to ‘just move’ isn’t really a thing, particularly at the front any show like that. By moving, you will just annoy everyone else.

You shouldn’t need to be told ‘don’t be a ****’ at any show, or the cinema, to justify any response you get for acting like a ****.
Errrm.

Filming in a cinima is breaching copyright law. A legally enforceable offence.

Filming at a gig is NOT in breach of copyright law.

Get it?

Back
Top Bottom