Heavy statue - ground floor

Soldato
Also, if you do find out its concrete, I still wouldn't assume it'll be ok. The concrete at the edge of my kitchen only looks to be a couple of inches thick :rolleyes:.

Caporegime
This thread is great...!

But seriously: OP have you got plans to hire a company to install it for you? There’s no way you’re going to be doing this yourself. Perhaps it’s worth discussing with the company you bought it from (or the manufacturer/artist) to see if they have any recommendations on people to use? The company may well be able to check and modify the floor (if necessary).

Besides the floor load you’re going to have to get it into the house, which may well involve semi professional equipment (a sack barrow isn’t going to do) and if it’s on a pallet it’s going to have to come off at some point - that’ll likely mean it will need lifting in a specific manner (so it doesn’t break).

The alternative is get an area in your front garden prepared, get the delivery company to put it there and then build the garden around it!

Soldato
OP
The shipping company is looking at arranging the delivery company to move it to where we want it. Still waiting to hear back on cost.

Thinking it will be safer/easier to stick to my initial idea when buying it and install in my garden. Thanks for all the sensible posts....

Man of Honour
Nah it will arrive having collapsed through the pallet. :p

LOL - I regularly deal with pallet loads of items that can weight from 600 to I think 950Kg usually the pallet holds up fine. The stories I could tell though of people tipping over pallets, etc.

Soldato
How the hell are you going to move it inside your house.....You can't push/drag it over carpet etc - I just don't see how this is even vaguely sensible idea....

Soldato
How the hell are you going to move it inside your house.....You can't push/drag it over carpet etc - I just don't see how this is even vaguely sensible idea....

There are ways of course, I mean ancient Egyptians managed to move stone much heavier than this. You can hire lifting equipment and with proper planning it shouldnt be much of an issue really.

Man of Honour
There are ways of course, I mean ancient Egyptians managed to move stone much heavier than this. You can hire lifting equipment and with proper planning it shouldnt be much of an issue really.

To be fair much of their construction was built to last. I doubt our houses will stand up for as long or to as much punishment. 600kg on most flooring - yup, that'll go through pretty quick.

Soldato
LOL - I regularly deal with pallet loads of items that can weight from 600 to I think 950Kg usually the pallet holds up fine. The stories I could tell though of people tipping over pallets, etc.

VPiYK1W.jpg.png

This happened at the factory i used to get my windows from, apparently they tried to use two forklifts and it was too heavy and they both tipped up and this was the result lol. The boss was on holiday at the time and the guy whos fault it was phoned him expecting to lose his job and the boss just said "that's what insurance is for".

Soldato
Jesus, forklifts weigh like 4 tonnes and are much heavier at the rear. What on earth is that on that pallet which could cause two of them to tip up???
I'm not sure of all the details as I just turned up when it was like this, but thats what one of the guys there said happened. Its a massive half a million £ cnc machine used in PVC window manufacture, so probably weighs a fair bit. Maybe they had the load too near the end of the fork and too high, or more likely one moved back and it slipped off the fork and they made up the tipping story to make it sound like it was the forklifts fault lol.

Man of Honour
This happened at the factory i used to get my windows from, apparently they tried to use two forklifts and it was too heavy and they both tipped up and this was the result lol. The boss was on holiday at the time and the guy whos fault it was phoned him expecting to lose his job and the boss just said "that's what insurance is for".

My bosses reaction was the best bit when something similar happened - howling with laughter at the absurdity of it as it happened and in a bit of a mean way as he was enjoying the misfortune of the two people involved and dancing in glee as he'd been wanting a reason to have them in for a disciplinary for awhile, while savouring every moment of it. Wouldn't have even been their fault as such, if they'd just followed procedure, as it should never have got to us loaded in the state it was.

Soldato
OP
UPDATE:-

I asked the transport company for the true weight (instead of the estimated 500kg - 600kg) and they have come back and it is weight 341kg inside its boxing and 305kg unboxed.....

Surely the corner of my house can hold 300kg comfortably without it smashing through :) and me and a few mates can lift in the house :)

Back
Top Bottom