Power Tools & General Tools Recommendations & Advice

Soldato
Also balls. The Ryobi SDS drill i ended up buying wasn't the one i thought it was and has no chisel function!

I still think it was a decent price so my current thoughts are

A - Sell it all. Probably make a small profit. Buy the Dewalt drill
B - Buy the correct bare SDS drill and use the battery from this and sell the drill body
C - Keep the battery and charger for other potential tools (they do a cordless weed sprayer which looks good), sell this drill body and then just buy the ****** Dewalt drill i wanted in the first place!

Soldato
Yeah me neither, I am amazed how many tools are being made cordless now with brushless tech. the router would be amazing for smaller jobs that my big lump of a 1/2" router is too heavy and cumbersome for.

Soldato
@Marvt74 The Lidl tracksaw is ok, the track is short 700mm but you get 2 bits and a connector. The alignment on the combined tracks is ok generally the strips don't butt perfectly and need some attention. The saw is capable enough I've used mine a lot because I could neither afford nor justify a Festool or equivalent. The main down side is that even with a shop vac attached (and the Lidl one is good but noisy) it throws out a lot of dust. This is a real pain because you really want it capture by the vac but it loses too much. This means you really need a face mask to use this saw in my opinion. But the price can't be sniffed at and if you really want a single long track it's compatible with Festool track and you can by cheap additional track from Parkside.

Soldato
God dammit. Didn't know Dewalt did an 18v router. That looks excellent. Dewalt seem to be really expanding the XR range at the moment with the orbital sander too.

I almost envy you for working in the trade. Makes it easier to justify spending the money!

Considering Makita have had the jump on them for the router for about 2/3 years it's about time they brought it out. They have been slow to the punch on it.

Also for the Ozito kit, what DIYer needs a grinder? or a torch for that matter. There are much better bits of LED kit on the market and they just seem like filler bits of kit.

Associate
The Titan Tracksaw is down to £55 in my local B&Q, it doesn't show on the website but they are clearing our stock nationwide as Titan is not a brand they are stocking anymore. B&Q club members will more than likely have a £5 off when you spend over £50 voucher code as well making it even cheaper!

Link to the saw - though it's not the B&Q link as I explain above.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb673csw-165mm-electric-plunge-saw-230-240v/9257j

Dave

Soldato
What are the replacement blade prices like (i assume they don't last forever)

I need it initially to dig out all the old grout on my tiled floor but after that will be replacing the family bathroom so im sure it will come in handy there.

Soldato
Yes my drills are dewalt, Meant oscillating tool.

Am thinking of this one?

https://www.diy.com/departments/dew...de4edd0f217edc9d9&CA_6C15C=120147360000664474

https://www.toolstation.com/dewalt-dcs355-18v-xr-cordless-brushless-multi-cutter/p58321

It's £200 at Toolstation with 1x4ah, but they have a £25 off £150 spend at the moment and free delivery. They also have the body only for £129 and you could add some blades to bring it to £150 then get £25 knocked off.

Back
Top Bottom