Kicking a Phone

Man of Honour
OP
Errrm.

Filming in a cinima is breaching copyright law. A legally enforceable offence.

Filming at a gig is NOT in breach of copyright law.

Get it?
I didn’t make a point about breach of copyright, so I’m not sure what the relevance of that is?

Soldato
Given our conversation recently Nitefly i'm sure you can guess my standpoint on this. I'd personally have all recording devices banned from concerts if I could.

Permabanned
Tom Morello had a load of fans onstage last night and threw a fan's phone after they tried to take a selfie. I don't care who he is, he'd be following that phone head first if it were mine. :p

https://m.imgur.com/t/funny/bwBgzW6
Wow, even worse than that Judas priest guy. Inviting fans on stage is inevitably going have someone try a selfie.

These guys have no idea the expense of a phone, it's peanuts to them.

Caporegime
Hah brilliant! Rock stars fighting back :D

Noooo, surely not...

He’s the guitarist from Rage Against the Machine.

Ah righto. I don't really know the names of the members of bands, just the band names. -shrug-

And I wouldn't have tried to take a selfie with him in the first place, but if he'd done that I have a feeling it would have been one of very few situations in life where I would have seen red and would have retaliated... - And probably promptly got my arse kicked by a load of his fans... :p

Caporegime
Wow, even worse than that Judas priest guy. Inviting fans on stage is inevitably going have someone try a selfie.

These guys have no idea the expense of a phone, it's peanuts to them.

He specifically invited people on stage but said, "if you put a phone in my face I will throw it."

Then somebody put and phone in his face and he threw it.

Caporegime
He specifically invited people on stage but said, "if you put a phone in my face I will throw it."

Then somebody put and phone in his face and he threw it.

I don't believe that was me times when the video/gif was posted, so you can see why people who don't have the run down of the gig might reply how they are!

Man of Honour
OP
I’m not entirely convinced Tom did expressly warn people in advance but it’s irrelevant IMO.

@Tute I probably wouldn’t ban them, but If I was a rockstar I would probably play a pre-recorded message along the lines of “be considerate, keep brightness down, use sparingly and if someone decides to throw your phone, we won’t feel sorry for you”.

I know bands like Tool are really, really strict at phones at their gigs. Unlike Tool, I definitely don’t think people should be thrown out just for having them.

Caporegime
I’m not entirely convinced Tom did expressly warn people in advance but it’s irrelevant IMO.

A few people mentioned it on the imgur link.

He brought people on stage at Sonic Temple too and said if anyone puts a phone in his face he will throw it. A man of his word.

Said the same thing in Indy. I was on stage for that show and I didn't feel like losing my phone.

Morello said he didn't want any phones in front of his face or he'll throw it.

he invited fans up and said to live in the moment “ if you put a phone in my face I will throw it “ buddy was there in Chicago

Watched him play before and he does mention to the people he invites on stage, you put a phone in my face you're losing it

Soldato
I went to a club in Amsterdam which had a rule widely posted everywhere, no flashes on your phones. Security sees a flash, you get thrown out, no warnings. It made for a much more enjoyable night! I get people want to record things, that doesn't bother me too much, it's when people have blinding LED on whilst recording that does my head in. It does nothing but negatively affect the video and **** everyone off around you.

Back
Top Bottom