Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
The one I’ve never understood is “get along like a house on fire”. Is that meant to be a good thing? :confused:

A house fire "gets along" rather swiftly. I.e it catches and spreads very quickly and rapidly becomes more and more intense. So the phrase makes sense to me.

Sleep like a baby is the one that doesn't make sense to me... Sleep like an old man would make more sense. Babies sodding cry at every which what hour of the night and morning.

Soldato
Lovely ! Did you go for Gtechniq? I had that put on followed by two coats of the evo x4 stuff over the top. Haven’t cleaned mine in a month and it still looks great.

Man of Honour
you can tell, looks like an Instagram filter.

It’s just the warm filter built in to the camera app on the iPhone.

Lovely ! Did you go for Gtechniq? I had that put on followed by two coats of the evo x4 stuff over the top. Haven’t cleaned mine in a month and it still looks great.

Yeah it’s got the Crystal Serum coating on it, originally applied in January but as I was having the bonnet redone, he did me a favour and topped it all up and then put some Evo X4 on top. Really is good stuff

Man of Honour
Time to put it up for sale

GuyivGO.jpg
GuyivGO

Soldato
Spent all day Saturday looking at Mitos and Giuliettas after decided all the Focii and Fiestas in my budget were boring or dogs and ended up with this.

The bumper paint mismatch is visible in this pic, and I decided it was way less offensive than the multiple deep scratches, dents other obvious mistreatment I'd seen on the other 6/7 cars I'd seen that day so I went for it. It seems the red on these is quite prone to chipping and the others I looked at had this evident so I can see why the bumpers have been painted. The mismatch is less visible in person imo, and I'm hoping a proper polish will help even it up.

For a ten year old car it's as close to perfect as you could ask for honestly and I'm right chuffed. One tiny dent to rear quarter, one mark on the passenger side door card, all four wheels immaculate.

26.5k miles!

Dad's happy enough, Alfas all over the place in our family. He used to race them and has had many on the road. Currently got some ridiculous 156 tuned up and supercharged by Engstler making silly power. Mum's got one, sister's had loads.. I was the last one resisting and now I'm in the fold.

XZxKahS.jpg

Soldato
I always liked the look of the Mito, what’s the interior like?

It's ok. The styling is nice, it looks good. But coming from a Saab 9-3 it's really basic. The Saab has dual zone climate, all the switchgear feels nice and so on, this just has three knobs for the AC which feel quite cheap. It's a supermini and it feels like one, but it's the Veloce spec so it's quite nice. There's a little arm rest but things like cup holders are the bare minimum, there's a pretty shallow one and that's it apart from the little lumpy bits in the door pockets.

I'm about 5'8" maybe 5'9" so pretty average, a little bit short, I feel like if I was very short or tall I might have trouble getting comfy as there's no reach adjustment on the steering wheel but as it happens I can get nice and comfy.

And it's an Alfa so it squeaks and creaks, it's got a bit of a cheap and basic feel to it but it's nice to look at.

It's a really nice drive though and has a bit of zip to it, it's a small car so the 155bhp feels like plenty. It's not as quick as my 182 was but there's plenty of poke for such a little car.

I drove a Giulietta as well but I didn't like it as much. It felt like a 'better' car but I wasn't feeling it for some reason. When I first started looking I was hunting for a Giulietta but as it happened I felt a bit more drawn to the Mito. Don't really need the extra space and all the Giuliettas I found were 2l diesels and for whatever reason I felt more drawn towards a petrol car this time around. I felt a bit more at home in the Mito as well.

Caporegime
It's ok. The styling is nice, it looks good. But coming from a Saab 9-3 it's really basic. The Saab has dual zone climate, all the switchgear feels nice and so on, this just has three knobs for the AC which feel quite cheap. It's a supermini and it feels like one, but it's the Veloce spec so it's quite nice. There's a little arm rest but things like cup holders are the bare minimum, there's a pretty shallow one and that's it apart from the little lumpy bits in the door pockets.

I'm about 5'8" maybe 5'9" so pretty average, a little bit short, I feel like if I was very short or tall I might have trouble getting comfy as there's no reach adjustment on the steering wheel but as it happens I can get nice and comfy.

And it's an Alfa so it squeaks and creaks, it's got a bit of a cheap and basic feel to it but it's nice to look at.

It's a really nice drive though and has a bit of zip to it, it's a small car so the 155bhp feels like plenty. It's not as quick as my 182 was but there's plenty of poke for such a little car.

I drove a Giulietta as well but I didn't like it as much. It felt like a 'better' car but I wasn't feeling it for some reason. When I first started looking I was hunting for a Giulietta but as it happened I felt a bit more drawn to the Mito. Don't really need the extra space and all the Giuliettas I found were 2l diesels and for whatever reason I felt more drawn towards a petrol car this time around. I felt a bit more at home in the Mito as well.

I actually was contemplating a Brera at one point with a V6, but just couldn't get myself to get it. It's actually slower to get to 60 than my Volvo, cost more to tax.

The Mito I looked at when i had my Yaris, best looking small car I think. All the cars in this segment squeaks and rattles a bit so that wouldn't bother me.

Caporegime
I actually was contemplating a Brera at one point with a V6, but just couldn't get myself to get it. It's actually slower to get to 60 than my Volvo, cost more to tax.

The Mito I looked at when i had my Yaris, best looking small car I think. All the cars in this segment squeaks and rattles a bit so that wouldn't bother me.

I too came close to a Brera v6 and couldn't get over the lack of speed! Looked great though. Had a MiTo. No squeaks! Not one.

Back
Top Bottom