This Instant And Moment - 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
One of my closest friends tried to hang himself yesterday - Fortunately, his parents were there to stop him. Met up with him later in the evening and he is just so down about everything :( So awful to see. What do you do or say to that?

He was taken to the GP by his mum who has prescribed anti-depressants, and then he was told to go to hospital and he spoke with a therapist - I hope that this will be the first big step forward.

Soldato
One of my closest friends tried to hang himself yesterday - Fortunately, his parents were there to stop him. Met up with him later in the evening and he is just so down about everything :( So awful to see. What do you do or say to that?

He was taken to the GP by his mum who has prescribed anti-depressants, and then he was told to go to hospital and he spoke with a therapist - I hope that this will be the first big step forward.
That's really rough, glad you were there to meet him so soon :( Check in with him periodically if you can, it's really valuable.

At the other end of the spectrum myself. Got to work and my colleague has bought me a top spec Microsoft Surface laptop! Pretty nice of him as we've been forced to move on from our decent Asus ultrabooks.

Soldato

Wow that’s rough.

I think the best thing to do would be keep an eye out for him friendship wise, give him a call and make conversation, maybe invite him for a coffee/beer and keep an eye out for any changes in his routine/speech/attitude.

It’s all too easy (especially as blokes and the stigma attached to this type of stuff) to assume everyone’s fine and to get bogged down in your own routine and forget that your pals might need something to get them out of a rut :(

Soldato
That's really rough, glad you were there to meet him so soon :( Check in with him periodically if you can, it's really valuable.

At the other end of the spectrum myself. Got to work and my colleague has bought me a top spec Microsoft Surface laptop! Pretty nice of him as we've been forced to move on from our decent Asus ultrabooks.

I wish I had colleagues like you!

Soldato

Wow that’s rough.

I think the best thing to do would be keep an eye out for him friendship wise, give him a call and make conversation, maybe invite him for a coffee/beer and keep an eye out for any changes in his routine/speech/attitude.

It’s all too easy (especially as blokes and the stigma attached to this type of stuff) to assume everyone’s fine and to get bogged down in your own routine and forget that your pals might need something to get them out of a rut :(

Yeah absolutely - There needs to be much more talk of mental health in general. Unfortunately, there is still an awful stigma about it :(

We hang on a fairly regular basis, and he has his ups and downs (like everyone), but never thought it would come to this! When I asked him, he said that he is fine when he is hanging with us, as it takes his mind off things, but he obviously has some demons he has to battle daily when he is on his own.

Planning on linking up with him again this evening, so we'll talk through things and see how things go.

Soldato
Any idea why Imgur no longer works? :(

Normally copied the BBcode but now it doesn't work since they updated their website a few weeks ago.

Soldato
Any idea why Imgur no longer works? :(

Normally copied the BBcode but now it doesn't work since they updated their website a few weeks ago.
I usually get the URL from the "copy link" type button (on mobile). Then add "l.jpg" to the end (that's an L), and "i." in front of the Imgur domain.

Like http://i.imgur.com/75gfo65l.jpg

Edit: and put that URL in the insert image box.

Soldato
I usually get the URL from the "copy link" type button (on mobile). Then add "l.jpg" to the end (that's an L), and "i." in front of the Imgur domain.

Like http://i.imgur.com/75gfo65l.jpg
I normally use h to resize the image, just checked the IMGUR url and it seems they no longer add the .jpg to the link which seems useless! :p

Caporegime
OP
Got banned from Facebook for 24 hours for calling someone with a GT86 with stupid camber and lows which can't go down a flat road without ripping its own bumper off a "fag" :p :(

Caporegime
OP
Probably but I've said worse before and this hasn't happened so they must have tightened things up. :p

I just commented "What a fag..." - Should probably have just stuck to "What a moron..." or something. :o

Return to work is going alright. No issues to report really, other than the days seeming to really drag!

And my attempt to lose weight is failing as well... Im living on my own ATM and I am very lazy with diet control and meals... lol

Soldato
I've just plugged in 4 USB devices in a row, round the back of the machine, each of them the correct way around first time! :eek:

Time to buy a lottery ticket! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom