Do I need help?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Also 5k RPM 1st gear > 2k RPM 3rd gear, FYI. This is how those rotaries are designed to be driven
Oh really? Never knew. I borrowed an RX-7 waaaay back when for about 2/3 days and it was soooo revvy and light, amazing car that was.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
then that Mini is going to wear out even faster
Taking it back a step... what wouldn't? What could sustain it the longest? If you had to choose one car/brand/engine type/anything to go through the constant punishment which would it be?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I've still got the mini and still in love with it. What a car! Got tested by a 435d convertible (LOLWHY?!) but he had no chance, and this is just a 1.6! I'm so impressed, it must be remapped this, I swear it's that good!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Yeh just a **** driver, but his car was doing all the work for him and couldn't put that weight through the corners/roundabouts.

Soldato
Got tested by a 435d convertible (LOLWHY?!) but he had no chance, and this is just a 1.6! I'm so impressed, it must be remapped this, I swear it's that good!

Are you sure he wasn't just driving briskly and you were desperately trying to prove him that a 1.6 Mini is the ultimate 170-mile trip cruiser?

435d's only come here in an X-Drive automatic option, which means he puts his foot down, and you're just about close enough to get a good whiff of his dirty diesel.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
OK buddy.

The other car I own has the same 35d engine so no need to explain that too me I know it's positives and negatives, I also know Bmws 4wd system and you aren't going to have the best cornering unless you have DTC enabled.

Obviously the 1.6 is a slower car than the big bimma, that shouldn't need clarifying, the point was I had more fun and made better progress than the average muppet who doesn't know how to drive their German badge.

Man of Honour
I've still got the mini and still in love with it. What a car! Got tested by a 435d convertible (LOLWHY?!) but he had no chance, and this is just a 1.6! I'm so impressed, it must be remapped this, I swear it's that good!

Our last mini had the same engine as the one you have at the moment.

It was slow.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Our last mini had the same engine as the one you have at the moment.

It was slow.
It is not a fast car in comparison, but this one must have a remap (considering DeutchTech also tune cars this is most probable, I'll ask when I drop it back) and it is really engaging to drive quickly! Honestly it is no slouch.

Soldato
Unless they have dropped the supercharged or turbo engine in it will be slow.

The supercharged one with a smaller pulley is a properly quick car. The current 2.0T on a roll is also a very quick car as it’s so light.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Exactly why I want to buy the Cooper S! I just can't believe how good this little thing is with such little power I can't wait to get into a proper version.

One thing I did note though was how big this was parked next to the wife's 3 series... it feels so small but vanpeebles was right, its not really. Its the placement of the wheels I think, that's what makes it so good.

Back
Top Bottom