Do I need help?

Soldato
My wife has a F56 3 door one if you don’t need a boot cabin space is pretty good.

She thinks it’s great and has caused her to go for a drive for no other reason than to enjoy driving it down a country road. She’s never done that in any car.

It’s doesn't handle aswell as other hot hatches but it makes up for being a great laugh down a back road as it moves about a lot and has incredible brakes so you can go in corners deep before jumping on the brakes.

It is also surprisingly quick 30-100, it can’t gets its power down in the first two gears at all and will flicker traction control up to a 4th to 5th gear change on a damp road. I’m hoping the new Goodyear F1 Super Sports that are available in the correct size will sort that.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Sounds like a feisty little thing.

I can't speak for any other mini (the newer ones I drove were all boring base models) but I know how much fun this R53 I'm driving is and I hope the newer ones have retained it/enhanced it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Help please.

- Low(ish) mileage R53 Cooper S
rXQqbYp.png
Perfect spec: Cruise Control,Heated Seats, etc... Good condition, low mileage, cheap. R53 model I like.

- High(er) mileage R53 JCW
ox0rjfo.png
Perfect spec: Cruise Control,Heated Seats, etc...
The JCW upgrades should allow the car to take more of a daily punishment over the standard Cooper S, is my reason for preferring the JCW.

- High(er) mileage R56 JCW
gyIhBUA.png
Perfect spec: Cruise Control,Heated Seats, etc...
Looks nice. JCW so hopefully can take a pounding. Newer Turbo engine, heavier car, it will not be as fun I can guarantee. But, it looks decent!

Associate
If it's of interest my mini will be for sale in the coming weeks (Picking up my new dog in a few weeks and need a bigger to be able to travel with it more easily :D)

Will be somewhere around the £3.5k mark (maybe a smidge under, depends how much I spend on new car and how quick I need it to go), 89k miles 2008 R56, very clean, High pressure fuel pump done ~1k miles ago, intakes getting walnut blasted on Wednesday to decoke & fix a very slight lumpy idle, full service history (last one done by me with all receipts for parts). Does drink a bit of oil but then apparently all the R56's do.

58939878_10156238633341966_2928208290372386816_n.jpg

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
The first one is out based on the wheels alone, the second one on the colour.
First one looks quite nice I thought, but doesn't matter too much as I'm gonna get the windows blacked out no matter which one I buy. Second colour is British racing green and is the best colour!

The third one looks decent, but you seem keen on the SC whine which will obviously be absent.
It's not specifically the want of an SC, it's the dislike of a turbo. I think it will kill the characteristic I like the most and that is the need torev the nuts off the engine.

Nah man, not a decent spec.

I have this one on my watch list but not too keen on a rag top.
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...&ver=0&cspheader=1#emp-ad-ebaydesc-img-full-2

Thanks, but I'm not really sure the turbo engine is for me, the only reason the one above is linked is because it is the JCW and also a very nice interior.

Caporegime
First one looks quite nice I thought, but doesn't matter too much as I'm gonna get the windows blacked out no matter which one I buy. Second colour is British racing green and is the best colour!

It's not specifically the want of an SC, it's the dislike of a turbo. I think it will kill the characteristic I like the most and that is the need torev the nuts off the engine.

Nah man, not a decent spec.

I have this one on my watch list but not too keen on a rag top.
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...&ver=0&cspheader=1#emp-ad-ebaydesc-img-full-2

Thanks, but I'm not really sure the turbo engine is for me, the only reason the one above is linked is because it is the JCW and also a very nice interior.

No. The first one is naff AF and I’ll personally bitch slap you if you buy one like that.

BRG only looks good on larger cars, Minis don’t carry it well.

Don’t tint the windows, unless you want to look like a rather unsuccessful drug dealer.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
No. The first one is naff AF and I’ll personally bitch slap you if you buy one like that.
That's that decided then :D I like it, stop being a boring old man.

Don’t tint the windows, unless you want to look like a rather unsuccessful drug dealer.
come on, grandad!? #oldmandiddums

I don't know and was hoping someone would confirm/correct my logic. My assumption was it must be modified in a way to cope with the extra power and thus be more reliable?

Caporegime
That's that decided then :D I like it, stop being a boring old man.

come on, grandad!? #oldmandiddums

I don't know and was hoping someone would confirm/correct my logic. My assumption was it must be modified in a way to cope with the extra power and thus be more reliable?

Your taste sucks! If you want to make one look good, go along these lines:

gAy7nNM.jpg

I quite like the Ronal Turbos on a Mini too:

gQsjT2k.jpg

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
First one has nice alloys and looks lowered, that's bout it. Does look nice but it ain't a golf it's a mini, where's the quirkiness?

Find me something for sale, not some pictures from The Google.

Caporegime
First one has nice alloys and looks lowered, that's bout it. Does look nice but it ain't a golf it's a mini, where's the quirkiness?

Find me something for sale, not some pictures from The Google.

Are you just gonna buy someone else's car and drive it as-is? I thought you wanted to add your own personal flavour to it. Here are some more wheels which look good:

Rota Torques:

hucB0hT.jpg

Or some nice Compomotives:

vwnm5J1.jpg

I'd find you some cars for sale but I'm having more fun looking at wheels. I should probably do some work though.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Are you just gonna buy someone else's car and drive it as-is? I thought you wanted to add your own personal flavour to it.
Nah this is just a throw away car so I'd prefer not to have to touch anything.

You enjoy your wheels, here's one for you:
DYjIIKV.jpg

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
8bNzZIG.jpg

So I finally got one :D

2 owners, 64 year old lady had it the last 11 years and it's been looked after meticulously by her Mercedes mechanic son.
Only 63k on the clock of this unmolested '05 face-lift with an LSD. Drives like a new car still and she's been worn in ready for me :D

Loving it so far, it reminds me of my old e46 in a strange way. I don't think I'm going to do anything to it as I think it will hold it's value (cost me 3k) quite well and perhaps even start to rise over the next 5-10years.

Very happy with her, no name yet though...

Caporegime
Lovely little cars, such fun to drive. Anyone who says these Minis aren't a hoot to drive haven't driven one.

Name it Diddums

Or stick a Datsun badge on it and call it Nasher :p

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Lovely little cars, such fun to drive. Anyone who says these Minis aren't a hoot to drive haven't driven one.

Name it Diddums

Or stick a Datsun badge on it and call it Nasher :p

Haha :) I don't think they suit the trend of names I started:
E46 325 - Black Bitch
E60 M5 - Big Black Beast
E34 535 - Thirsty Whore
F11 535 - Never had an official name but was called ******* quite frequently :D

Any other suggestions?

I'm a little jelly. Great cars. I think going as close to stock as possible is the right choice :)
Thanks, yeh it drives great and I think the power is spot on for the car, and also it will keep its resale when it becomes a classic.

As for being jelly... now is the perfect time to buy :)

Soldato
Thanks, yeh it drives great and I think the power is spot on for the car, and also it will keep its resale when it becomes a classic.

As for being jelly... now is the perfect time to buy :)

I've had an R50 for 18 years, but I've always wanted an S. I had been eyeing up a low mileage one on Autotrader, but it was a bit expensive (£7k) and now appears to have been sold.

Definitely a future classic. Value should appreciate if kept in good nick.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I've had an R50 for 18 years, but I've always wanted an S. I had been eyeing up a low mileage one on Autotrader, but it was a bit expensive (£7k) and now appears to have been sold.

Definitely a future classic. Value should appreciate if kept in good nick.
7k? Wow must have been really low mileage. Well, considering you've had your current car 18 years I think changing into an "upgraded" future classic sounds like a decent move :)

Nice car mate.

yeah, I’m in the market for another r53, for me there is no substitute for that supercharger whine. :D
Thanks :) The noise is lovely, but the consistent power is absolutely awesome, in love already :)

Back
Top Bottom