*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
so i just purchased a switch with mario kart and new super mario u deluxe

i thought i would look through the store but it just seems a whole mess :( , how can you search through all the games

for example i had to manually search for american fugitive because i just could not find it

Soldato
so i just purchased a switch with mario kart and new super mario u deluxe

i thought i would look through the store but it just seems a whole mess :( , how can you search through all the games

for example i had to manually search for american fugitive because i just could not find it
Yeah the stores a bit of a mess to be honest. I usually only buy games on sale on the eShop anyway so only browse through the current deals section.

Soldato
any of u lads who've played BOTW on the switch, i urge u to download CEMU and play it at 4k/60fps.
feels like a dream.

i'm going to do a master mode playthrough on pc once i've finished witcher 3 dlc i think.

Soldato
Is the new BOTW going to be a whole new game?

From what I have heard on the ‘grape vine’ it’s more of an expansion using the same map and a lot of assets.

If that the case in theory it could be out next year.

Soldato
Is the new BOTW going to be a whole new game?

From what I have heard on the ‘grape vine’ it’s more of an expansion using the same map and a lot of assets.

If that the case in theory it could be out next year.

I hope it is out next year.

I think it will have substantially more content than the previous expansions hence why they get away will calling it a sequel. They will re-use they existing map and assets I'm sure, and I'm fine with that, it does seem a waste to spend years building this world and not make more use of it.

Although I think most Splatoon 2 fans would agree it's really 1.5 so Nintendo does have form for this.

Soldato
Well not many RPG's reuse the same map game on game so I'm not sure I agree with that at all. Given the whole of the original game was about exploration, a sequel on the same map which you have already explored may lose its edge quite quickly. I'm sure the hardcore Zelda fans will think its the best game ever regardless though.

Generally when you buy a new game you are looking for a new experience, particularly on an RPG where the original was all about exploring the map and had very little story. If its on the same map, using the same assets (the switch really isn't up to much more fidelity) then its arguable that its going to be the same/very similar game/experience.

Having seen that I am looking forward to links awakening much more, especially as I haven't played the original.

Soldato
Radiation City | First 15 Minutes on Nintendo Switch

Check out the first 15 Minutes of Radiation City on Nintendo Switch.

Forty years after the unfortunate accident of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, destiny brings you to the area of carefully recreated city of Pripyat. Uncover the amazing story, untangle the mystery and try to save your loved one.

Associate
It's so simple that there is no reason not to. Change your region on the Nintendo website and buy as you would on the UK store.

ok so i wanted the nba from u.s store

changed my region to u.s and used a tax free postcode and tried to purchase with paypal and it would not allow due to region

so guessing i need to purchase a eshop top up for u.s ?

do i also need to change my console to u.s

and when you say just buy as normal do you mean on the pc or on the console ?

thanks

Caporegime
I hope it is out next year.
I hope it's out when it's out :)

Don't get me wrong, I am way up there with the next hardcore Zelda fan and loved BOTW. But I don't want them to rush and make a shorter incomplete game for the sake of a quick release.

No doubt many of the same assets will be used and I bet to an extent even the same map will be used but I'm going to bet there is a new map also. Anyone else see Hyrule castle going up into the sky? That could be going anywhere :D

Maybe, you have to travel between these maps. Using the known one for resources and unknown for exploration, for example.

Associate
So after seeing all the new up coming releases at E3 for the switch nothing really took my fancy at all, So i listed my console on Facebook and it was collected last night owned it for just over 2 months and only played it a handful of times, and for the last month i dont even think i turned it on.

At least with my PS4 in between games i want to play it still has its uses such as PLEX and Netflix. Have not played a game since RE2 remake released but it still gets used every 1-2 days.

Soldato
ok so i wanted the nba from u.s store

changed my region to u.s and used a tax free postcode and tried to purchase with paypal and it would not allow due to region

so guessing i need to purchase a eshop top up for u.s ?

do i also need to change my console to u.s

and when you say just buy as normal do you mean on the pc or on the console ?

thanks

It's so simple that there is no reason not to. Change your region on the Nintendo website and buy as you would on the UK store.

:p

PayDay Lover
Associate
Well not many RPG's reuse the same map game on game so I'm not sure I agree with that at all. Given the whole of the original game was about exploration, a sequel on the same map which you have already explored may lose its edge quite quickly. I'm sure the hardcore Zelda fans will think its the best game ever regardless though.

Generally when you buy a new game you are looking for a new experience, particularly on an RPG where the original was all about exploring the map and had very little story. If its on the same map, using the same assets (the switch really isn't up to much more fidelity) then its arguable that its going to be the same/very similar game/experience.

Having seen that I am looking forward to links awakening much more, especially as I haven't played the original.

Depends on what they do. Remember the SNES Zelda? It had two worlds in one, the 'Dark World' was the same map but also very different, so if they are clever they can make a lot of use of the same map while keeping it fresh

Soldato
Anyone else see Hyrule castle going up into the sky? That could be going anywhere :D

Maybe, you have to travel between these maps. Using the known one for resources and unknown for exploration, for example.

My theory (based on nothing at all) is that we are going under the castle - or down the hole that it left behind. Which means dungeons! :)

Depends on what they do. Remember the SNES Zelda? It had two worlds in one, the 'Dark World' was the same map but also very different, so if they are clever they can make a lot of use of the same map while keeping it fresh

Indeed. We might get a flip-side dark world. A Link to The Past. My first Zelda game.

Soldato
? something i need to know :)

Oh its just a trivial thing. Just a little back and forth between me and Kreeee about using other regions to make purchases.
I say its a faf and would like to centralise my purchases through one region only, K says its so simple.
But you kinda proved the point that I was making, i.e. its turning into a bit of a faf.

Did you get it sorted at the end or are you still trying to make the purchase?

Associate
Oh its just a trivial thing. Just a little back and forth between me and Kreeee about using other regions to make purchases.
I say its a faf and would like to centralise my purchases through one region only, K says its so simple.
But you kinda proved the point that I was making, i.e. its turning into a bit of a faf.

Did you get it sorted at the end or are you still trying to make the purchase?

ah right lol

im still trying , im guessing i need to purchase some game card for that region ? but what happens when you switch region back ? can you still play the game , can my account get banned , do i need to set up another account

im not 100 per cent sure how it works tbh

Back
Top Bottom