• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
Why would you think this??? 12c on desktop no need for most!!!

Exactly.

I'm not being funny but we've had CPU's with more than 8 physical cores since the Broadwell-E CPU's which were released 3 years ago.

If there was compelling evidence that more cores = better gaming performance, we would have it by now....

8 cores as fast as you can get it seems to be the sweet spot.

Soldato
@GIGA-Man, recommend Gigabyte give an ITX sample to @orbitalwalsh - he would certainly deliver on positive exposure. :)
I want the ITX sample too! It's looking good, of course I would say that!
Noooo...I want one too! Lol
Pay-per-view - fight off?

Weapon of choice - an old Gigabyte component of your choosing - and last man standing gets the ITX. The smart money would be on @orbitalwalsh as whatever he brought along would have a 360mm AIO still attached to it.

I'll happily oversee proceedings and take a paltry Xtreme as compensation - i don't mind slumming it - plus, any old 3800X samples you may have kicking about the office, as would fill my needs just fine...

Soldato
Why would you think this??? 12c on desktop no need for most!!!

In fairness, some games would be ace on the extra cores, such as iracing.

Or where a lot have dual monitor with discord, YouTube, twitch stream etc plus game. Those extra cores make a difference.

Of the games I've seen in development in person and chatted to Devs at studios they are looking much more at utilising all the threads possible so it will offload more the more threads there are and dynamically scale. Mostly optimising for up 16 threads currently.

Permabanned
Exactly.

I'm not being funny but we've had CPU's with more than 8 physical cores since the Broadwell-E CPU's which were released 3 years ago.

If there was compelling evidence that more cores = better gaming performance, we would have it by now....

8 cores as fast as you can get it seems to be the sweet spot.

Evidence directly from AMD themselves: More cores = higher framerate!

There is some difference in the gaming performance - you want the more cores:

23tnxa9.png

Permabanned
https://wccftech.com/retailer-leaks-prices-of-amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-x570-motherboards/

Ladies Get yer wallets out :D note they got 25% VAT there.

Ill leave them prices here:

• GIGABYTE X570 AORUS XTREME – 7399 DKK = $1110
  • GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO – 2499 DKK = $375
  • GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO – 2149 DKK = $325
  • GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X – 1699 DKK = $255
  • MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE – 6199 DKK = $930
  • MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION – 4299 DKK = $645
  • MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI – 1899 DKK = $285
  • MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS – 1699 DKK = $255

HeX

HeX

Soldato
https://wccftech.com/retailer-leaks-prices-of-amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-x570-motherboards/

Ladies Get yer wallets out :D

Ill leave them prices here:

• GIGABYTE X570 AORUS XTREME – 7399 DKK = $1110
  • GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO – 2499 DKK = $375
  • GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO – 2149 DKK = $325
  • GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X – 1699 DKK = $255
  • MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE – 6199 DKK = $930
  • MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION – 4299 DKK = $645
  • MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI – 1899 DKK = $285
  • MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS – 1699 DKK = $255

MSI MEG is EUR 723,47 (~£650) on the German Rainforest.

Man of Honour
Pay-per-view - fight off?

Weapon of choice - an old Gigabyte component of your choosing - and last man standing gets the ITX. The smart money would be on @orbitalwalsh as whatever he brought along would have a 360mm AIO still attached to it.

I'll happily oversee proceedings and take a paltry Xtreme as compensation - i don't mind slumming it - plus, any old 3800X samples you may have kicking about the office, as would fill my needs just fine...
Lol
My last gigabyte component is a 7990. :D

Permabanned
It might not be the extra cores but the increased L3 cache size that is making the difference. The 12/16c have almost 2x the cache as the 8c versions.

Ok, whatever it is, be it the slightly higher single-core clock (which I doubt because those clocks remain for short time intervals and then the temperature limit kick in), or the cache.
The matter of fact is that AMD offers it with the top SKU, not with the 6-core entry-level.

Soldato
Dumbest build ever.
Watercooled 8600k. Should've spent the money on a 9700k/9900k instead.

was looking at the rads.. never noticed the 8600k lol- shame ! then again. wasn't soldered so might of needed a 360 for it instead ;) haha

@oweneades more pics!!!!

@GIGA-Man, recommend Gigabyte give an ITX sample to @orbitalwalsh - he would certainly deliver on positive exposure. :)
I want the ITX sample too! It's looking good, of course I would say that!

has to be vetted by my son if it contains enough RGB!!!!

and its Tamz thats the better tactical choice - Im pro Gigabyte for my own and others- if i've built systems for others its been asus because i can charge them asus tax!!!! and throw money on the floor when its raining not to get my soles wet - pmsl

Though at @GIGA-Man , dieing to see snap shot of Gaming X PCB - must be getting older as Budget options appealing to my wallet more haha

This is a mainstream platform..... Not many genuinely need this ...........

seems everyone streams - even if its just to themselves =/

The nest answer I can give, based on the fact I need to remain impartial.... They are looking good, cannot wait to see what happens in the market by the end of this year.

mmmm 10 cores vs 16 cores - one can only hope

Soldato
MSI MEG is EUR 723,47 (~£650)

Which s only 16% more than the Z390 version of the board, still a stupid price for a non-workstation motherboard tbh. :)

The X570 Gaming Plus is £209(ish) which is literally double the price of the X470 version, I think that may be slighly higher than most places charge. :D

Soldato
Im thinking that my C6H will still be my choice with the new 8c or 12c CPU based on the x570 prices and inevitable rise in x470 boards short term. The Ryzen 1 series upgrade cost me £750 for CPU, Ram and mobo. I would spend about half that for a new CPU (allowing for sale of 1700).

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Don't plan on moving from my X370 Taichi, I bought a top end board on the first gen with the intention of using it until AMD moved on from AM4/DDR4. I see no reason to change that plan.

Caporegime
In terms of gaming, I can't think of many situations where you are better off spending £750 to upgrade your motherboard and CPU.

Much better to put that towards a fast GPU, like the 2080 Super.

Unless you are chasing 240hz at lower resolutions.

Soldato
Im thinking that my C6H will still be my choice with the new 8c or 12c CPU based on the x570 prices and inevitable rise in x470 boards short term. The Ryzen 1 series upgrade cost me £750 for CPU, Ram and mobo. I would spend about half that for a new CPU (allowing for sale of 1700).

Don't plan on moving from my X370 Taichi, I bought a top end board on the first gen with the intention of using it until AMD moved on from AM4/DDR4. I see no reason to change that plan.

any idea on how many PCB payers the boards have ? should be high to be honest and in current forms allow for 3600hz ram, should be able to push ram speeds higher ! If i can recall both have 4 pin CPU extra which I would plug in if your havent if your pushing 12 cores +

Associate

Do let me know how you get on! Hoping to do the same.

Asrock don't seem to have released the bios yet have they? Unless I am missing it.

any idea on how many PCB payers the boards have ? should be high to be honest and in current forms allow for 3600hz ram, should be able to push ram speeds higher ! If i can recall both have 4 pin CPU extra which I would plug in if your havent if your pushing 12 cores +

Don't quote me on this but on the many buildzoid ramblings i've had on in the backround I seem to think he has said 4. Unless you mean the newer boards?

Soldato
Do let me know how you get on! Hoping to do the same.

Asrock don't seem to have released the bios yet have they? Unless I am missing it.

Don't quote me on this but on the many buildzoid ramblings i've had on in the backround I seem to think he has said 4. Unless you mean the newer boards?

just had a look. seems straight 8 pin CPU only, no dual like x570 boards or 8+4 like x370 . should be plenty for 8 core but guessing those wishing to rock 16 cores at max overclock speed will be looking for extra power to be supplied

also, might not have enough space on bios chip for newer bios's just yet - hopefully leave it till last moment then release it- if they are going to support it

Back
Top Bottom