The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Why not just run a "temporary" cable chucked into the bushes? The actual cable is cheap, terminate it into an RCD in the house and hang the car off that. Take it with you when you go.

It'd need to be armoured cable which isn't especially cheap and it'd need its own 32amp RCD in your consumer unit so not quite as easy as just putting a plug on a new lamp, could be done though i guess.

Soldato
Have you checked he's ok with you removing it as well? I'd be fine with a tenant fitting a charger, but only if they left it in place afterwards.

Yup. All arranged before install via email. Her normal electrician will remove the charger. I will pay the costs. The extra Consumer Unit will remain in place. The only thing I don't know is how much the job will cost.

Depending on price, I may leave the charger behind. It's a 32A Charge Master unit with no warranty remaining. Buying a new one may work out to be better value than moving the old one.

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
First batch of Model 3's have arrived

D9FoyxPXsAAJGB9.jpg:large

nam

nam

Soldato
As i understand the first maybe Demo's but probably will go to Customer's if required . There is a launch event next Thursday at Heathrow supposedly (Elon will be present), it will be for the reservation holders who have got confirmation to collect..

Soldato
Changed my dual motor to performance today without the performance pack, can't believe after nearly 2 years of waiting they have finally arrived!
Trying to justify going from SR+ to P- myself, but extra £150 per month doesn't seem worth it as I have a lot of large purchases coming up in the next four years.

nam

nam

Soldato
Trying to justify going from SR+ to P- myself, but extra £150 per month doesn't seem worth it as I have a lot of large purchases coming up in the next four years.

are you on a pcp ? are the prices as I understand now being changed as there is only Sr+ and perf being avaliable at least until September

Soldato
are you on a pcp ? are the prices as I understand now being changed as there is only Sr+ and perf being avaliable at least until September

I've got some decent lease quotes. Otherwise I have two loans that I can use. The performance model has now switch to Performance without the performance upgrade (P-) or Performance with the performance upgrade (P+). Confusing hey? Either way, the insurance is another £600 on top of the £900 I've been quote for a SR+ :(

I saw on reddit that the RWD versions burn through tyres and SR+ doesn't come with mats. Probably not enough to justify the difference though ;)

Soldato
very nice, does that mean you will have the 18" aero wheels ? on the standard performance ?

Yes, aero wheels on the long range performance. I won't be doing track days or such like and don't need the bigger brakes and other 'performance pack' stuff.

I'm getting old and don't fancy the harsher ride on the lowered springs and bigger wheels.

It's more of a sleeper too ;)

You'll have far too much fun. Are you planning to keep the aero wheels on or 'uncap' them?

I'm unsure, I don't mind the covers but they only really make a difference for long journeys.

I'm happy that Tesla reverted back to this option though (I'm sure the Performance was originally sold like this, with the pack on top) because you get the maximum range when you want it and maximum performance too.

How are you financing? I've had a business contract hire quotes, 4 years, 12000 miles, £615 per month + VAT and 6 payments upfront.

That's in red. I believe grey was £594 + VAT

I'm still waiting for Drive Electric to confirm business prices. Thanks Tesla for messing about with the figures!

I don't really need it that long as the Model Y would better suit my needs (mainly because of the boot) but hey, I'm going electric and Tesla are so far ahead of the game they are really the only choice.

Soldato
How are you financing? I've had a business contract hire quotes, 4 years, 12000 miles, £615 per month + VAT and 6 payments upfront.

That's in red. I believe grey was £594 + VAT

I'm still waiting for Drive Electric to confirm business prices. Thanks Tesla for messing about with the figures!

I don't really need it that long as the Model Y would better suit my needs (mainly because of the boot) but hey, I'm going electric and Tesla are so far ahead of the game they are really the only choice.

Primary idea:
£25k @ 3.5% for 7 years from Tesco Bank
£10k @ 3% for 5 years from Nationwide

Back-up:
Octopus EV are doing PCH for SR+ 15k miles, 3 years, blue paint at £474 per month inc VAT with £4.3k deposit.

Soldato
Primary idea:
£25k @ 3.5% for 7 years from Tesco Bank
£10k @ 3% for 5 years from Nationwide

Back-up:
Octopus EV are doing PCH for 15k miles, 3 years, blue paint at £474 per month inc VAT with £4.3k deposit.

Those are pretty good figures tbh! I'm sure I read somewhere that with Tesla changing the prices and the GFV changing, this was delaying PCH?

Just had Drive Electric quote, BCH performance in red, 4 years and 12,000 miles = £550 ppm

Soldato
Those are pretty good figures tbh! I'm sure I read somewhere that with Tesla changing the prices and the GFV changing, this was delaying PCH?

Just had Drive Electric quote, BCH performance in red, 4 years and 12,000 miles = £550 ppm

Tesla aren't doing PCP due to VAT issues. The PCH quote though is pretty decent! Would save me around £500 over three years of ownership and saves me from any significant devaluation in the car. However, if I need to sell it after two years or want to keep it for longer, I'm screwed. Also can't add FSD to the car if I lease. Decisions decisions...

Back
Top Bottom