What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
another weekend of bad films:
darkman - first 2 thirds only as the disc was faulty! It was 'ok' - sam rami after all.
iron sky 2 - 5/10 - mostly boring, not as fun as nazi's and dinosaurs should have been!
big trouble in little china - 8/10. Still a good film - we needed a bit of a palete cleanser.

Associate
I watched Looper last nite...allow me to be utterly unpopular here and frankly disgusted with one of the worst sci fi movies I've seen in ages. The acting and plot was so cheesy that it would make gorgonzola blush:). Bruce Willis looked like he was acting in a jr high school play for dummies; the photography was crappy all over; the storyline was full of 'potholes' and inconsistencies and this is what happens when you try to overdo things from the director's chair.
Bad karma indeed.

Caporegime
Spiderman Homecoming

It's so refreshing for a "first" film for a superhero not to be bogged down in an origin story we've already seen too many times before. This is less "origin" and more "coming of age". It also nicely twists the conventional Spiderman origin story in a new way, and uses the changed world of the Marvel Cinematic universe cleverly. The link between Spiderman and Stark is well worked. It's visually solid, the action scenes flow well, and it deliver decent drama with appropriate humour. It feels like Spiderman should; wise-cracking and human. Unfortunately, it's a bit overly long, and the pacing suffers for it.

A watchable 7/10.

Associate
Now here's what I call REAL sci fi !! The (in)famous prequel to the whole Alien saga that followed. This movie just makes the various "Loopers" fade away into oblivion!!
71OHgm8myTL._SY445_.jpg

Man of Honour
Unforgiven - think this is my favourite Eastwood film. I like how it’s fairly understated. Great characters. And...

what an absolute bad ass - surely one of cinemas best bad asses ever!

9/10

Associate
What We Do In The Shadows (2015) - 8/10

Very quirky and funny with an oddball cast of characters and interesting taste in music.

It works quite well as a spoof documentary, and the simple yet effective special effects compliment the overall style.

None of the ideas are truly original and it does run low on ideas towards the end, but it’s still a fun and fresh take on vampires.

Soldato
What We Do In The Shadows (2015) - 8/10

Very quirky and funny with an oddball cast of characters and interesting taste in music.

It works quite well as a spoof documentary, and the simple yet effective special effects compliment the overall style.

None of the ideas are truly original and it does run low on ideas towards the end, but it’s still a fun and fresh take on vampires.

If you haven't done so yet, check out the spin-off series on BBC2/FX. The 20 minute format arguably suits it better, and for my money it's one of the funniest shows on TV right now.

Soldato
Unforgiven - think this is my favourite Eastwood film. I like how it’s fairly understated. Great characters. And...

9/10

Such a fantastic movie. Modern day western masterpiece. Has the great line "Its a hell of a thing to kill a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever going to have."

Eastwood was/is a wonderful actor but is also incredibly talented behind the camera. Will be a loss to film making when he dies.

Soldato

9/10
After seeing this I promptly got hold of the movie and just finished watching it.

I've seen it before but not for a long time and it is a great movie that I fully enjoyed. Clint does take a long time to get going in this one but doesn't disappoint at the end of the movie.

Associate
Geostorm - 4/10

Turned off brain and it was alright. Engaged 10% of my brain and it starts to unravel quickly lol.

Polar - 6/10

Enjoyed it but I think it would have worked better without some of the more comedic elements.

Aladdin - 6/10

New one. Visually spectacular. The cartoon version pishes all over it for me. Once it got going it was alright though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom