• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card upgrade

Associate
Hi. I currently have a NVIDIA geforce gtx 960 graphics card in my current gaming PC whist it's still fine and working tech is moving on and I'm looking to upgrade it

What would be the best to get in today's market that's close to what the gtx 960 offers

Associate
Hi. I currently have a NVIDIA geforce gtx 960 graphics card in my current gaming PC whist it's still fine and working tech is moving on and I'm looking to upgrade it

What would be the best to get in today's market that's close to what the gtx 960 offers

What's your budget?

Also usually you don't want to upgrade to the latest version of a GPU ( 16 or 20 series ) to get the same level of performance. If we know your budget then we can recommend the best performance for your buck and show how that compares to your current GPU.

Associate
OP
What's your budget?

Also usually you don't want to upgrade to the latest version of a GPU ( 16 or 20 series ) to get the same level of performance. If we know your budget then we can recommend the best performance for your buck and show how that compares to your current GPU.

Hi. I'd say up to £200 as a budget

Soldato
Associate
OP
Got in contact with the manufacture, and they've said an Nvidia 1660 or 1660ti is the max I can go to for my system

Do the 1660 and 1660ti have a huge amount of difference between them?

Associate
OP
Double your performance

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £209.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Alternatively, a 570 4GB goes for £120ish and that's gonna be at least 60% improvement over the 960. You can find a lot of cheap 570/580s used too, which are <£100. Great bargains!

Looking at this and the 1660 ti I'd never get the ti to fit given the dimensions state it's 15 inches in length

The 1660 would fit perfectly and is virtually the same size as my current one

Back
Top Bottom