insurance, "the bike insurer

anyone had any experience with "the bike insurer"?

quotes from carol nash via the above are £86

the same quote is £250 going direct via carol nash website

the only thing different is modified exhaust on the main site but cannot add it via the bike insurer

am i missing something?

Soldato
OP
has anyone used carol nash? quote has been changed to include the exhaust and comes out the same @ £86
but the only thing is the charges for any amendment is £37, change address = £37 and maybe more dependant on area
change job = again £37 charge, cancel policy = £50, do all insurance companies have the same charges?

thanks in advance

Soldato
OP
ended up going with hastings, be careful with insurance, quoted for my bike to be insured and locked in a garage overnight with carol nash
if at anytime at home its not in the garage its not insured!, leave it on the driveway for 5 mins to get changed its not insured, maintenance in the back garden its not insured, shocking!

Associate
A pretty normal thing on all my policies, but check the small print if you find that shocking, mine states that if my motorcycles are within 1 mile of my home address, and not in the garage, they are not insured for theft etc. If you state on your insurance it's in a garage at your home address, and has a disc lock and / or chain / anchor etc, all has to be attached when a theft occurs if they can prove otherwise they have a get out clause.

Soldato
OP
A pretty normal thing on all my policies, but check the small print if you find that shocking, mine states that if my motorcycles are within 1 mile of my home address, and not in the garage, they are not insured for theft etc. If you state on your insurance it's in a garage at your home address, and has a disc lock and / or chain / anchor etc, all has to be attached when a theft occurs if they can prove otherwise they have a get out clause.
never come across it before, was insured with LV before and they were ok with it, hastings will double your excess (so £300 for me) if its left outside within 500m from your home
i can deal with that

Back
Top Bottom