*** The 2019 Gym Rats Thread ***

Man of Honour
I'm not going to say I have no knee pain today but it is way better with a few days off the squats. I may also leave deadlift for a week or so

Man of Honour
Can't wait to watch WSM now :cool:
I knew he'd be a winner pretty quickly when he first appeared a few years ago, and I think 2nd will win within the next year or 2. Pretty big shock for a certain person only just making top 5 though.

(Trying not to ruin it for anyone that want's the Christmas surprise :D)

Man of Honour
Where/how can we watch it? I've just been seeing snippets on Instagram and a little on Brian Shaw's Youtube channel.

Poor Brian. He's my favourite.

4 x WSM, though. Time to move on perhaps!
The US normally has the shows on within the next month or two which may end up on YouTube but apparently they're very dry and long winded in comparison to the ones we get which will be on Channel 5 over between Christmas and New Year as usual.

Man of Honour
I'm not going to say I have no knee pain today but it is way better with a few days off the squats. I may also leave deadlift for a week or so

Switching from high bar to low bar squats has completely eliminated what was a small bit of knee pain starting to build up. Deadlifts should be OK, but they definitely weren't helping an already aggravated knee. The only frustration is that I have had to drop the weight a little bit to accommodate low bar form until I am more practiced.

Weighed myself yesterday, have finally put on 2kg. That took some doing.

Soldato
Regarding WSM I wonder how an uninjured Eddie Hall would have done this year. Honestly think he would be looking at his 2nd maybe 3rd title by now which imo is a shame.

Both Thor and Shaw injured or recovering from a not to old injury really opened up this year. Pleased for the winner, in a truly dominating display.

Man of Honour
Switching from high bar to low bar squats has completely eliminated what was a small bit of knee pain starting to build up. Deadlifts should be OK, but they definitely weren't helping an already aggravated knee. The only frustration is that I have had to drop the weight a little bit to accommodate low bar form until I am more practiced.

Weighed myself yesterday, have finally put on 2kg. That took some doing.

Interesting, I'll look into that, thanks. I'm def going to give my knees a couple of weeks rest from the squats

Soldato
Interesting, I'll look into that, thanks. I'm def going to give my knees a couple of weeks rest from the squats

Do you use shoes with an elevated heel? Helps deload the knee joint.

My meal prep this week i adjusted a little. I used 200g chicken thigh instead of 240g breast, and i used 50g rice instead of 38g (dry weight). I also fried fresh chopped chillies in some oil and added those in, along with the same brocoli/cauli portion as last week. Was much more tasty, calories about the same as last week in total.

Regarding the oil discussion earlier. Is it really necessary to consume extra neat oil, doesnt it get absorbed into the food as im cooking it? I added some to the chicken to roast in and i cooked the chilies in some.

Soldato
Man just wants to squat like Tian <3

Also, tried a few adjustments today and my squat felt so 'one movement' with hips/knees/ankles moving all smooth and fluid. Hope it stays like this going forward as they've been annoying me lately (bit of a plateau).

Back
Top Bottom